What's your Strategy?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rjv27, Jul 21, 2006.

1. rjv27

rjv27

I wanted to get an idea from successful (likes define success by making at least 6 figures/yr.) traders what your main trading strategy (i.e. technical analysis, momentum, scalping, event driven/news, etc..) is and what product(s) you trade?

I'll kick it off. I trade only listed equities intraday and my strategy is tape reading/scalping.

2. My strategy is trading the Holy Grail.

dd

3. Trading anything and everything under the sun, that moves.:D

4. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

To paraphrase Robert Di Nero in Meet The Parents "I move Guy, can you trade me?"

:D :D :D

5. Mr B

Mr B

can make 10-12k euros a month trading simple 1 min. stochastic pullback system on pretty much any fixed income (especially good - treasuries) with 10 lots.

gave it up to scalp oil futures though. think there's more money in that if you get good.

6. Search for stocks that have gone up at least 1% or more, and look for longs and shorts. A mix between momentum trading and swing trading.

But I dont make 6-7 figures, so I dont know if my post counts :(

- Nathan

7. some hedging (quater re-opt), some short term short plays, some short term long plays and some longer term long plays (5+yrs)

the only really 'unique' thing about the way I trade is that I don't encorporate any form of money mgmt (stop losses, trailing stops, etc...) - some may call it suicidal, but the markets we trade in make it very unlikely for sustained drops in capital (e.g., in 2002, our net long positions pulled in 5.8% for the year.....our overall portfolio return for 2002 was 28%.....who needs money management ^_^ )