whats your roi

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by keen3312, Mar 11, 2017.

whats your roi

1. 10%

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. 10-25

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. 25-50

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  4. 50-100

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. 100-200

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. 200 above !

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. keen3312

keen3312

hi guys whats your yearly roi in any product you trading
    i know most of pro traders are below 50% but still want to hear the elite traders performance

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I think any question like this needs to be associated with the size of the account. It is one thing to earn 25% on $5000, it is another to do that on $50mm. It also matters how much risk you were subject to to earn that return. Risk has a way of hitting you at some point, even if not in the first few years.

On a side note, many traders here consistently lose money. That was not a choice.

Bob

drm7, Tim Smith, comagnum and 4 others like this.
  3. Xela

Xela

It's a perfectly legitimate and understandable thing to wonder about, of course, but the realities of asking this question in a forum predicate that - in addition to the three highly valid points made just above by Bob - your responses are going to be even more skewed than is usual for a survey of this nature, not only because they'll obviously be provided by a self-selected group, but also because the question will probably be of greater interest to those who look at trading in terms of profit-maximisation rather than in terms of risk management.

drm7, keen3312 and sysdevel99 like this.
  4. truetype

truetype

Where are the negative return categories?

drm7 and keen3312 like this.
  5. Mtrader

Mtrader

Since you can buy the book "Beat the machines" nobody loses money anymore. :D

keen3312 likes this.
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Beat the machines by selling puts to buy names you think will go up only when you are wrong and they go down

keen3312 likes this.
  7. bublu

bublu

I have heard that many traders make huge ROI during NFP however i found myself bit conservative so i stick with reasonable returns and try to avoid trading during the times when the markets are really unpredictable.

keen3312 likes this.
  8. Telepuzik

Telepuzik

Meaning there are times when markets are predictable ie you can successfully predict it? Wish I could say the same about me.

keen3312 likes this.
  9. It's pretty safe to say or assume everyone who hangs out in online trading forums are all relatively tiny retail traders, or pikers

We're all here to make money, kind of regardless of risk;
    If we wanted to play it safe or were concerned with risks...then we would all be just boring, sleepy longer term investors in a broad based market index o_O :confused:

This is not to say or imply though that we should all be wild, crazy, gun-slinging cowboy traders.
    You can be wild and crazy, but still relatively safe and conservative and rational and logical...it all depends on your experience and skill and wisdom,

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    keen3312 likes this.
  10. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

You should know that on ET I have spoken to traders that can't put together $2000 and ones mangaging $50mm. You can't always tell by their posts.

#10     Mar 15, 2017