What's Your Political Affiliation?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, Jan 8, 2004.

1. You never know who reads Ayn Rand.

#31     Jan 8, 2004
  2. You're purposely trying to imitate an Ayn Rand novel villain?
    Well, you're doing a very good job... although your motives elude me.

#32     Jan 8, 2004
  3. Sorry if my meaning was not clear. And re-reading my post, well, I guess I should refrain entirely from posting at 3 am:)

Anyway, my point was certainly NOT that non - Americans did not "count". Fonzi, you always count!!!

I was only trying to make the point that among traders, it is highly unlikely to encounter any (true) Marxists.

However if we have one possible "resident" who might fit that bill, it would most likely be MSFE/Wild. So in my 3 am head, I guess I figured the easiest way to get my "no Marxists among us" theory to work.....well I said to leave out non - Americans. Force my point to be more likely true.

No offense meant. And clearly Fonzi, you have demonstrated that you do have a rather unique set of political beliefs. But "Marxist" doesn't seem to fit in any sense.

I do admit to being rather intrigued with your self description: Socially conservative, and fiscally liberal?

Sort of the "Bizarro World" version of GWB (as he described himself during the Presidential campaign). I guess you are whatever the opposite of a "compassionate conservative" is. Interesting! And pretty unique I would think. At least it would be for Americans:)

Peace,
    :)RS

#33     Jan 8, 2004
  4. Interesting self-imposed spectrum ranking of the choices.

BTW, it IS possible to be conservative without being lumped in with the Gingrich/Lott gang.

#34     Jan 8, 2004
  5. discipulus

discipulus Guest

It should say Rothbard / Mises for Libertarian!

#35     Jan 8, 2004
  6. #36     Jan 8, 2004
  7. Pabst

Pabst

#37     Jan 8, 2004
  8. What is the connection between a muslim and a anarchist? So Osoma bin Laden is a anarchist?

#38     Jan 9, 2004
  9. The philosophies of Anarchism, Nihilism & Islam were grouped together because all three are means to the same goal: Destruction, devastation, barbarism, tearing down what others have built, etc...

#39     Jan 9, 2004
  10. To be fair, you'd have to differentiate between simply being a Muslim and being someone with the goals you cite.

The two are not synonomous - anymore than seeking the destruction, devastation, and subjugation of others could be considered mutually exclusive with being a Christian (just check your history to assure yourself of that).

Fundamentalist zealots of ANY religion and especially those who hide personal and/or political goals behind a facade of religion are always dangerous.

#40     Jan 9, 2004