What's your personality trait?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by tenthousandmen, Feb 19, 2012.

What's your MB personality trait?

1. ISTJ

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  2. ISTP

8 vote(s)
    10.8%
  3. ESTP

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. ESTJ

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. ISFJ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. ISFP

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  7. ESFP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. ESFJ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. INFJ

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  10. INFP

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  11. ENFP

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  12. ENFJ

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  13. INTJ

18 vote(s)
    24.3%
  14. INTP

17 vote(s)
    23.0%
  15. ENTP

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  16. ENTJ

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. danielc1

danielc1

I'm just joking around... I'm an I or ENTJ, depends on the believe that you can change over the years from intervert to extravert, and I know that Paul Tudor Jones is also an INTJ as many others well known traders...

#11     Feb 20, 2012
  2. ssrrkk

ssrrkk

Perhaps the reason there are more INTPs and INTJs here is because of the solitary nature of trading, but more importantly because of the pure problem solving aspect of it. These types triumph in my opinion by working hard for themselves, rather than working their social connections to get ahead. I believe most of management (e.g., executive types) is about working on the social aspects of one's life whereas science, engineering, and trading are about working on your own knowledge and skills.

#12     Feb 20, 2012
  3. INFP borderline E/I and borderline F/T

I've taken the test many times over the years out of curiousity. As I have gotten older, some of my personal values have changed; and I am definitely not as extroverted as I was when I was younger.

It's nice to know these kinds of things, but remember that all this tells you is how you gather and process information. What you do with that information is not determined by your personality. A trader can gather information through senses (S the analytical type) or feeling (F the 'gut intuition' type). The question is one of this way or that way is better. The question is better stated: "Have you learned to use your strengths?"

#13     Mar 10, 2012
  4. INTP, like Einstein. I guess AngryHermit was a good handle for me. Einstein had about 60 IQ points on me though. :mad:

#14     Mar 11, 2012
  5. Interesting that INTP and INTJ comprise 40% of us traders whereas in the general population it is only 5 - 10%.

Now, does that mean we make better traders or that we are just the types that are drawn to trading......and then we make up the 95% that just lose.
    :confused: :)

#15     Mar 11, 2012
  6. But Einstein never took an IQ test, so there is hope for you yet!

Turns out, intelligence is hard to quantify.....

"While many theories exist as to what makes a person intelligent, as well as numerous standardized IQ tests and psychometric assessments to evaluate a person's language memory, and other skills, many scientists believe that these don't really determine who is a "genius." Many believe that the essential difference between being really smart and being a genius is having abundant creativity to produce something previously unthought-of."

Got abundant creativity? Came up with your own trading system? If you do then don't be mad !

#16     Mar 11, 2012
  7. McCloud

McCloud

INTP

#17     Mar 11, 2012
  8. d08

d08

"INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake ... INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play ... Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel ... This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals ... Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense."

"System builders", I didn't expect it to be so literal.

#18     Mar 11, 2012
  9. Nice find,
    thanks for sharing_ :cool:

#19     Mar 11, 2012
  10. #20     Mar 11, 2012