Whats your opinion?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lundy, Jul 10, 2002.

1. lundy

lundy

Is it possible to pick bottoms? Is this the bottom?

If you answered yes to the above questions, you are a genius.

If you answered no you are a lemming.

2. Babak

Babak

what is your definition of a bottom?

3. lundy

lundy

Won't make new lows for a couple months.

4. has anyone seen EGO? do you know where he went? i have to speak with him. thanks.

5. wild

wild

who cares about bottoms ... as long as there are ranges to trade ?

regards

wild

6. Rigel

Rigel

Yes, it's possible to pick bottoms, but I don't have an opinion from my personal research that this is a bottom. Seems possible though. If I was an investor and had to choose I would be long.

7. Why would you want to pick a bottom. they smell. Seriously, the risk/ reward of picking a bottom versus waiting for confirmation thereby making the probability of gain greater doesn't make sense. Wait for the confimation. Volume dry up on downside. etc.

8. Rigel

Rigel

LOL, heehee:p

9. Lavish

Lavish

You can pick your friends and you can pick your bottom but you ought not pick your friends' bottoms.

10. T/A_Bo

T/A_Bo

You can buy what you perceive as support, but you will never know if it is a bottom or not till after the fact. That’s what partials are for :)

I think we gap down hard and snap tomorrow, setting up an exhaustion bounce. But do I really care if I’m right?

NO

I'm a trader, my job is to make money, not be right, so I’ll have a game plan ready for either direction.

Nailing high or low tick is fun, but overall your win/loss ratio will be quite low if that’s your goal. Taking the first wiggle after a pivot low is established will give you a better risk to reward ratio, and win/loss ratio in most cases.

Good Luck and Good Trading,

-Bo Yoder

#10     Jul 10, 2002