What's your market metaphor?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by daniel_m, Jun 28, 2003.

1. ramora

ramora

The metaphor I trade is the common 'war' theme. But instead of large armies, it is the experience of a 'sniper' who is fighting against a well trained army in their territory. The sniper/trader is waiting for the perfect 'shot' and then quickly escaping to look for another target to take another 'shot'. Very cool, alert, highly skilled, and patient.

There is a great recruiting ad for the Marine Corps. The picture shows a Drill Instructor sitting on top of the obstacle course wall shouting at a struggling recruit who is painfully trying to get over the wall. The caption is "Pain is only weakness leaving the body!"

In my metaphor, "Pain(bad trades) is only stupidity, leaving my account!" :p

ramora

#51     Sep 27, 2003
  2. ..I deseeeerve it, I neeeeed it. I waaaaant it.

Quoting Janice Joplin,

Oh Lord, woncha buy me a Mercedes-Benz?
    My friends all drive Porshies, I must make amends.
    Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends.
    Oh Lord, woncha buy me a Mercedes-Benz?

Oh Lord, woncha buy me a color TV?
    Dialing For Dollars is trying to find me!
    I'll wait for delivery each day until 3.
    Oh Lord, woncha buy me a color TV?

#52     Sep 27, 2003
    helgen_1 likes this.
  3. "The Grasso is always greener on the other side of the bid and ask spread at our members only NYSE club."

Dik Grasso

#53     Sep 27, 2003
  4. ETRDR

ETRDR

The leaf floats gently to the ground, rising and falling with the wind, but onward to the ground. Finally gently coming to rest. Patient observance can be restful and relaxing,

While the stone falls fast and steadily, ever gaining speed. Then collides with ground. Observance is brief and possibly intense, but seldom relaxing.

For me trading is recognizing the falling leaf and being intrigued by graceful path to it return to the earth.

As the energy of the Universe is redistributed and reborn, so to is the wealth. The market is flat field, where rich or poor can graze freely in the process of achieving whatever they truly desire.

#54     Oct 4, 2003