What's your favorite trading software?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dashadow212, Aug 11, 2011.

1. X-trader

#21     Sep 22, 2011
  2. For Futures trading:

(1) CTS T4 platform for execution, including DOM and order book

(2) DTN ProphetX for charting.

#22     Sep 22, 2011
  3. I'm a big fan of NinjaTrader

#23     Sep 27, 2011
  4. x trader pro

#24     Sep 27, 2011
  5. Quote tracker is a very very visual charting (live data from broker) and trading/execution software.
    I have trading excusively thro this (thro OXPS,IB and TDAm)
    I have so many paint bar set ups with funny ,sad,weird sounds for all kind of situations.
    steam engine,toilet flushing,dog barking and so many which will attract my attention even if Iam not near the computer.
    My wife knows what is my P&L from the sounds emanating from the charting platform!
    You can not back test in this, you can not do data mining in this.

Only Indicator/Range/volume based set up paint bars.

I open TD browser site only if there is a problem or sometimes complicated option multi leg orders.
    Once a weel I down load weelky trading history.:D

#25     Sep 27, 2011
  6. i like your setup. it's great when traders can get something personalized for them and not care how it looks to others.

i too have similar sounds for certain trades but it's all manual (if it's a winning trade i yell something like "take that citadel and timber hill!" or if it's a losing trade well let's just say i'll say things that shouldn't even be written on a freeway overpass:D )

#26     Sep 28, 2011
  7. I'm using free software mostly and making a living trading. No fixed costs with regards to trading. None. Market data is free with IB because I am above the $30 minimum commission threshold every month. I must be a bloody fool not paying up more. Back to the topic: I like the new eSignal a lot.

#27     Sep 28, 2011
  8. Is anyone using Fidelity's Active Trader Pro (PC based)? Any problems with crashes on Windows XP?

#28     Sep 29, 2011
  9. Chicago_CTA

It's my understanding the green column on the CST T4 DOM is a accumulation of all contracts traded at that price, I also understand this data can be "cleared" at any time. Allowing a trader to begin accumulating this volume on price data at anytime, say 7:20am or 9:30am.

[​IMG]

I was also wondering if you're familiar with the new Steidlmayer Volume Strip add-on, I believe CTS is currently the only software offering it. I sure would like to see a screen shot of that indicator, (hint, hint) if anyone would be so kind. :)

#29     Sep 30, 2011
  10. Crispy

Crispy

redi+ and excel

#30     Sep 30, 2011