What's your favorite trading software?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dashadow212, Aug 11, 2011.

1. If you have a trading platform that you constantly use and have come to love it, discuss it here and explain why.

2. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

I don’t believe there is a “best” platform for everyone. Professional platforms are typically directed at a specific traders. These are platform we offer and who I feel would benefit from them.

Sterling Pro: Equity/Options high volume day traders

Silexx Obsidian: Equity/Option traders, SMA with post trade allocation, nice risk great customer support

Instinet TradeSpeed: Equity/Options traders would care about watching spreads, volatility movement, great risk piece, excellent customer support.

Knight Direct: Equities/Options, excels at Pairs Trading.

I've used both TradeSpeed and Obsidian when I traded and liked them both very much.

3. Open ECry - been using for awhile now, easy to use, has many features once you really dig into it, each upgrade gets better. Data/platform free to live accounts. DOM structure/flow very nice as well, w/ many options there too.

Too much stuff to list in 1 post, it's just been a good package for me.

http://www.openecry.com

4. Due Buy

Due Buy

Thinkorswim for sure is the best platform for options. Has integrated charts & live data feed. Pricing suits trades with fewer contracts (you can get them down to $1.25-1.50/contract)

5. <b>Multicharts.</b> There is no better program out there. Uses easylanguage with a portfolio simulator, genetic algorithms, and a multitude of brokers and datafeeds.

6. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Is $1.25-1.50/contract a good price to you?

7. bathrobe

bathrobe

TT MD Trader and Auto Spreader simply has no competitor even comparable in my book, I have tried others and they are horrid in comparison.

2 years ago I pushed some size through using NT with Zen fire. This had lags (and froze) during the flash crash while on the same pc MD Trader did not. I learned my lesson.

It blows my mind that traders are so desperate to save money on inferior programs when it is a business.

you get what you pay for!

8. ive been enjoying das trader, the charting is excellent. you can have mad level 2 windows open too

9. Indeed. In such a competitive industry, the people with the best software have an advantage over everybody else. No way around that fact.

#10     Aug 19, 2011