what's your favorite stock market tv show?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jul 1, 2002.

1. #11     Jul 1, 2002
  2. Ren and Stimpy.

[​IMG]

#12     Jul 1, 2002
  3. ANCHOR

ANCHOR

David Faber thinks that everything he says is breaking news. I read this stuff an hour earlier on my news screener. I can't stand the way he thinks that he is breaking all the news. The guy needs to shut up.

#14     Jul 1, 2002
  4. Nightly Business Report with Paul Kangas and Suzie Gharib?

#15     Jul 1, 2002
  5. alanm

alanm

At least Faber knows what the heck he's talking about, along with Kernen, Haines (mostly), and Art Cashin (who should have his own show!). It's nice to see I'm not the only one that hates having to watch CNBC all day and listen to some of the stupidity that issues forth from these people. But I can't afford to turn it off :-(

Speaking of Maria on the floor, isn't there some kind of prohibition against communicating electronically from a trading crowd with anyone other than your booth? Why does Maria get away with announcing "TYC is about to open on 1.5M shares at 12.75", when the stock opens moments later at 12.40? This happens routinely. Does she just mis-hear, or is someone deliberately feeding her misleading numbers to induce buying or selling?

#16     Jul 2, 2002
  6. I've turned it off in the last week and it's done wonders for my trading. Seriously, it's just hype and poop. There's little need for having CNBC on during trading hours. Unless you want to use the 100% accurate, "Fade Bob Pasani" strategy.:cool:

#17     Jul 2, 2002
  7. DT-waw

DT-waw

My favorite TV show is Beverly Hills 90210. When beautiful girl is on the screen I buy. When smiling Brandon speaks, I sell. It works, check it! :D :D :D

Hmmm. And what I do when Brandon kisses a beautiful girl?

#18     Jul 2, 2002