What's your experience in the industry?

Discussion in 'Options' started by Aquarians, Jan 18, 2018.

1. qlai

qlai

#11     Jan 19, 2018
  2. What you're describing sounds a lot like indentured servitude.

Anyways, my new employer isn't doing finance, besides not having an absurd claim over stuff I do at home (provided of course I'm not being unethical and compete with him, which is not the case anyways).

#12     Jan 19, 2018
  3. qlai

qlai

I'm not advocating for it, just stating. Sounds like you on your way out of it and I wish you luck. Hope to join soon. Cheers.

#13     Jan 19, 2018
  4. Thanks then and good luck to you too!

#14     Jan 19, 2018
  5. ironchef

ironchef

If you are naturally curious and smart, you can learn through osmosis and asking. It is the same in any large company. The current CEO of GM, she started as a lowly engineer.

#15     Jan 19, 2018
  6. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

Most HF’s separate workers, they are not allowed to collude. They are required to sign agreements saying they will not trade with another company for 1-2 years if they quit or are fired. Not to mention, they cannot trade anything that was traded at the company. Seriously, look at the docs at a big HF if you don’t believe me.

I’ve worked buy and sell, I know exactly what they do. I don’t really think it’s necessary but I guess they do.

#16     Feb 14, 2018
  7. JackRab

JackRab

2 years is a bit much IMO. I'm sure any lawyer can punch a hole in those agreements...
    If your line of work is trading, and if you're fired... or even quit... and you can't make a living for 2 years in your normal line of work, that would be unfair practice I would think.

We had 6 months of gardening... and even that could be wiped if you would go to court... that was Europe though.

#17     Feb 14, 2018
  8. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

They’ve been punched through before, it’s just most traders will go on to become a manager/compliance officer or another industry related for that year or two rather than go to court.
    You can get hired for a lot of jobs with an MFE/MBA degree.
    It’s more of a scare tactic to protect proprietary information.

#18     Feb 14, 2018