What's your Exit Strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by masterm1ne, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Is it a big deal to do round numbers? 13K on Dow.

#21     Jul 27, 2012
  2. Some of you may not has a second timer on your 5 min bars. I do.

I counts down from 300 to 0 over the duration of the bar.

All trading is more or less carving turns as sentiment changes.

CW thinking absolutely dominante the market. The herd is what you front run.

The herd and smart money "telegraph" so you become a prasite of these folks to make the "crayola test" money offered.

The round number trade that just happened is a consequence of clusters of decision making to act.

#22     Jul 27, 2012
  3. Jack, thank u for addition by subtraction.

#23     Jul 27, 2012
  4. YVW

At some point people figure out that carving turns does not happen at the end of bars (right next to the beginning of the next bar.

today there was a high velocity trend ending. People are wtching my positions and complaining about my "calls".

Since the OOE's I used converged on a particular bar, I got inside the bar for a change. and did price and bar seconds after putting everyone on notice the prior bar to the peaking bar for the trade (peaking in this case).

as a trend continues, each step forward gets firm and I note the second that this happens in a column I have for this level of precision. I write stuff in my log at firm times.

the count down instead of count up is "psychological" for everyone. We could be opposites.

One of the guys who came up with BNA now works with a neuroscientist who considers consciousness (or awareness)

This mind-body consideration readily explains why traders failure so universally. It also explains how trader to trader comparisons are ALWAYS done.

So I count down to the point where a bar has said its piece. From that point on I either prep or I "carve" using this advance info.

My peak call today has a lot of humor in it. It will be fun to observe.

So as the market moves forward, I continue to compare when certainty occurs intrabar. Each determination can be a comparison as I review the rows of my log.

since the market is counterintuitive BUt the variables have direct insted of inverse reltionships, it is nice to know, at any time, whether you are "working" or "waiting".

In CW, where people make little return on capital, you see a lot of discussion on "boring" as a topic. I'm frontrunnig the herd. Today you got to see the tipping point of the "wakeup call" that preceded the tipping point.

Try doing counting up to critical moments.

Do you watch people who are a few inventions ahead of the herd?

Another cycle of testing my performance is coming along. the nswer will not be different than last time.

#24     Jul 27, 2012
  5. lol well that goes without saying.....

#25     Jul 27, 2012
  6. Paddler

Paddler

YOU ARE ASKING FOR IT! :mad:

Look at the way you write. Are you supporting people who are genuinely interested to learn your methodology? Try to reflect hard!

May be you should ask people surrounding you presently and in the past. Don't assume. Take samples to prove you are right (or may be you are wrong). It is a drill I assign you to do.

May be you hate people to learn your methodology. No big deal. It is normal. But please don't give a half-fucked story making people spin and spin.

It is true that I showed a few of them (adjacent bar annotations) and missed others. But I was more helpful than you and more genuine than you for I didn't play with words nor twist or hide stuff. You know what I am talking about. I know I have opened a door for some who are still struggling. Nothing is falsed hope from me nor mythical. What about you? Miss others, too bad. Great support. Thank you.

I am a normal person. Usually I respect and feel grateful to teachers and whoever older or younger help me learn and grow. But you are one fucking exception. Thank you so much for the black magic science. I need to explain to my son in a few years' time that there are some funny people in this world. I wish that you are still around.

You deserve to have a loyal team of detractors. Know why? I guess not.

If the naive mod comes to tell me I am rude, fuck you too.

I apologize to the other readers for sprinkling a few vulgar words.

#26     Jul 28, 2012
  7. dloyer

dloyer

Everone does it different, but I dont like to use the same rules for exits as I do for entries.

I prefer the exit signals to be far more common.

I also like to pick the exit first and design the entry for the exit, not the other way around.

#27     Jul 28, 2012
  8. the thing that turned it around for me was a guy that always traded two ES for one point. And he did this everyday three or four times a day for a long time.

someone once asked him, "What is you loss point?" And he didn't know. Eventually of couse, he just blew up.

So I just did the opposite.

#28     Jul 28, 2012
  9. Okay let me help you get up to speed.

To use the five interelating OOE's, all must be complete. I may not have emphasized how any sytem works. All the sub systems have to be complete and, further, the sub systems have to be used just when called for the establish a "for certain" context.

You showed a chart which had some auto annotations.

I reviewed it and checked out the platform you have chosen.

I do not know is a complete "internals" set of cases can be put on that platform.

The eight I recommend be put on a platform are: sym, FTP, FBP, the Hitches, Stitch red and Stitch black, and OB.

Step 1 is to understand that you cannot make other decisions when any of the 8 categories is in process. and at the end of the second bar (or last bar, you evaluate whter or not there is an exception. As expected it is a bnary decision based upon the volume of the second bar. If greater, then assign the EE or , if not, the "approporate category."

i replied to your chart but now I can't find it to go furher in helping you.

#29     Jul 28, 2012
  10. #30     Jul 28, 2012