What's Your Biggest Obstacle?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Doug Allen, Feb 7, 2009.

1. kxvid

kxvid

Biggest obstacle? Pffffft lack of capital to trade. Then lack of discipline. But I have a feeling that they are somewhat interconnceted. If your trading for peanuts, does it really matter if you lose a few peanuts due to lack of discipline?
    How did it ever work out funding traders doug?

#41     Aug 8, 2009
  2. Lack of technology to run the scans I want to run on an intraday, real-time basis and send me alerts as price movements happen. I have an Excel spreadsheet that performs all the calculations I need, but that file is already so huge and I can only analyze a small number of stocks at a time. I've tried almost every stock analysis system out there, but nothing seems to be able to do what I want. My system works -- I've been using it for years and have made consistent and solid returns. I just need to get it automated.

#42     Aug 8, 2009
  3. these have always (and probably still are) been mine:

1-not being consumed/focused on one Forex cross, stock, option, Futures contract etc....looking at too many trading vehicles

2-overtrading

3-trading on impulse or emotion and no true strategy

4-revenge trading "I'll win/get it $$$ back"...has always put me in deeper holes...

NOTE: one of the best things I have done is...not scalp trade, not execute manual orders...set them and 'go mow the grass'...

#43     Aug 8, 2009