What's wrong with the US?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jonbig04, May 22, 2009.

1. This is a good post. Plenty has been done already. You can see where part of the bailout has gone.

#51     May 23, 2009
  2. Oh, "try again" lol. Try WHAT again. Here is what you said before:
    "The question where Americans choose to fit in our country. Rugged individualism is being rubbed out because it might hurt someone's FEEELLLINNNGGGS.
    Our country has always been about winners and losers. Everybody can't win the superbowl, or live in a mansion.
    Excellence is in this nation because excellence is very well rewarded, even when they do tax the hell out of it.
    America has moved left, because it is being feminized. They want our citizens to act like women and think like children because that environment will not breed the desire for autonomy.
    Think about it, what do women primarily want?
    Security.
    What do men primarily want?
    Freedom.
    That is what is wrong with our country, in my humble view.
    And yes, I am most definitely a social darwinist. It is what made our country great. If no one keeps score, if there are no perks to winning, then no one will want to play, and make sacrifices to win."

I then said, "helping those in need has always been American",

then you said
    I never (or you) said anything about black America. I never said they needed help or didn't need help, you brought them up out of thin air. Who are you arguing with? Perhaps you are trying to convince yourself. You rant about a social class that we weren't even talking about and tell me I need to "try again" lol. Not the brightest crayon.

#52     May 23, 2009
  3. Oh I see, they are nearby. lol, the polarization I was referring to has nothing to do with vicinity. I'm talking about the psychological and sociological rift between the white and black cultures. In most of the country they intermingle, whereas in the south they merely tolerate one another with silent disdain. Its getting better, but you can still feel the divide. If you can't see that than I don't know what to say.

#53     May 23, 2009
  4. "those in need" nearly always always refers to black america, so u didn't have to mention it.

Cmon johnbig, we can all speak newspeak here. When u talk about helping, who exactly did u mean, widows and orphans??

I somehow seriously doubt that.

#54     May 23, 2009
  5. Uhh no "those in need" refers to THOSE IN NEED. When I talk about helping I talk about America as a country collectively helping those who need it. That's all I ever said. I'm not sure who you are arguing with, besides maybe yourself.

Now if you want my opinion on the black community and entitlements, then ok. Some deserve and need it, some don't. Does it engender a laziness that worsens the problem? Sure it does. But its not as simple as you would like it to be. Does a black women with 3 kids who's father died deserve aid? Probably. Does a black woman who has 3 different kids from 3 different dads and has never gotten a job deserve aid? Probably not, but what about her kids? Do we deny them aid because their mom is a bust? hmmm. Its a complex problem, and one that does need to be addressed. Unfortunately for people that hold your opinion, its not as simple as you would like it to be. Real problems never are, that's why they are problems.

#55     May 23, 2009

6. Yeah, like across the street. Any polarization is a two-sided affair. The old arguments are losing their effectiveness as everything possible has been done as far as I can see.

Some of it is cultural. Sorry, but I think you are spouting bullshit.

#56     May 23, 2009
  7. It's completely two-sided, I never said it wasn't. What are you talking about? What "old arguments"? My only argument has ever been that the south is racially polarized. I never advocated 'doing' anything, its just how it is around here and as I said before, its understandable given the history. Why does everyone here try to make up some point and then argue about it?

#57     May 23, 2009
  8. If you think saying that there is a cultural rift between the blacks and whites of the south is 'bullshit', then I really can't help you as you are blind.

#58     May 23, 2009
  9. Maybe you need to ask some of the black folks down here and see what they say.

No, what you are saying is bullshit.

Talk about something you have experience in please.

#59     May 23, 2009
  10. What is bullshit? The cultural rift? Make a point.

#60     May 23, 2009