What's wrong with the US?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jonbig04, May 22, 2009.

1. Wealth redistribution? Oh you mean taxes? Yea those ARE necessary. What you think that we should all get together and say "ok if you don't wanna pay taxes you don't have to!". That would fly. If someone wants to keep all of their own money than fine, stop driving on our roads, stop taking advantage of our free markets, don't call 911 when your hurt, don't set your child to public school etc etc. In other words move out of the country!

I don't know if I'm pro choice or not. I haven't figured that out yet.

#41     May 22, 2009
  2. Whoa talk about taking things out of proportion.

I advocate taxes for the basic things a government has to take care of. However I don't advocate taxes that pay for hundreds of worthless government programs that destroy competition and incentive.

You however will be totally outraged at the comment if you somehow think the bigger the government the better.

#42     May 22, 2009
  3. Fair enough, but this is what you said: "It is strongly anti-american to help those in need by mandating national programs through wealth redistribution." Wealth redistribution is taxes, plain and simple. That's what taxes are, that's what they do. Now if you think certain taxes are unnecessary, or that too many taxes are being taken than that's one thing, but you implied that taxing (wealth redistribution) is "anti-american". That's how our government works.

Redistributing wealth through taxes is what keeps our country going. If there's certain programs you want to knock, then by all means go ahead.

I don't know what this means. Anyway I'm a small gov guy.

#43     May 22, 2009
  4. You may think I'm nitpicking but I'm not. Making broad generalizations like "we need to stop forcing people to redistribute the wealth to lazy people" and then pretending like the people who aren't screaming the same thing don't understand the problem is just ignorant. Its like going up to David before he fights Goliath and saying "hey man, all you gotta do it kill him". That's what 90% of the people here do. Why? Because they never put themselves in the place of the leaders are try to figure out HOW. It's so...redneck. Does government spending need to be cut? Damn right, lets figure out where to start. If you're not a part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

#44     May 22, 2009
  5. You're a small government guy yet you're asking me to provide you with worthless government programs?

Are you a recent convert? LOL

#45     May 22, 2009
  6. I wasn't asking for them because I thought none existed. I was asking you to point out the flaws of our tax system instead of pretending like taxes somehow don't work. Think about the complexity of the problem and work towards solutions instead of screaming about 'wealth redistribution' like every other person here. It's like you all are arm-chair politicians. I cansee the people on ET watching CSPAN just like a beer-bellied, wife beater wearing guy in his recliner yelling at the TV "Just throw the ball!!, Catch it! Run!" Some of you are no more adept at real discussions that may engender solutions than the above guy would be playing in the NFL.

#46     May 22, 2009
  7. Here is an idea. Instead of looking for people on this forum to educate you do the research yourself. I would suggest starting with Ron Paul.

The wars are worthless spending.

Anything that is related to human resources is worthless spending such as social security, education department and housing and urban dev.

However understanding why they are worthless takes more than just a couple posts on elitetrader. That is up to you.

There are many more but it's a Friday night and I am not willing to educate you.

#47     May 22, 2009
  8. lol oh, you're not willing to educate me? Thats funny, given your little rant about 'wealth redistribution" a minute ago. Ron Paul isn't all bad, he still fails to see that the economic downturn was caused my lack of government in key places. I see that you have abandoned your initial thoughtless points. I don't blame you, but you should know better than to reply to me with that weak shit. If you wish to educate yourself I suggest you stop listen to rush limbaugh and read about lincoln.

#48     May 22, 2009
  9. Yeah, helping those in NEED

Once upon a time, a black slave would risk the lives of themselves and maybe their families to learn to READ.

Today, if u want to hide something from a black person, put it in a book. To want to b educated in many urban areas is to not have any friends, or worse. Da Man is not responsible for this attitude.

Yet, in spite of that attitude,today, the GDP of black America is 630 billion, which ranks it inside the G-20! Number 18 to be exact, behind Turkey, in front of Poland.

Yet, this G-20 nation has a poverty rate of 25% estimated by American poverty standards. Why? Well, 200 dollar shoes on a toddler would be a good place to start.

So, who really needs help, johnbig?

Black America?

Try Again.

#49     May 23, 2009
  10. I am in the deep South and they are all nearby. The town I live in has a black mayor. Have you ever lived in the South or are you just spouting opinions?

I am always suspicious of someone's motive when they bring up the KKK.

#50     May 23, 2009