What's wrong with the US?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jonbig04, May 22, 2009.

1. You all do realize that on a spending received per household basis the top 20% quintile at $33,484, is only slightly behind the bottom 20% quintile at $35,510 on total government spending. With the middle 4 quintiles (that's 60% for the slower ones) are all receiving much less.

#31     May 22, 2009
  2. "ONE FLAG ONE COUNTRY" Damn you are thick-headed.

You brought up the KKK not me. Hypocrisy? What was the KKK doing in Indiana if the North was so anti-discrimination?

I have been up North and you jokers are still segregated in a lot of areas. Thats Why!

#32     May 22, 2009
  3. Cesko

Cesko

I really think the news outlets are largely responsible for the divide. In canada we basically have one news source and while it leans a little bit to the left, it doesnt come out and just blatantly attack one side, and i think that because of that people are much less hateful based on political views.

Or could it be that debate Right vs. Left doesn't happen anymore in Canada and Europe? In Central Europe during "the good ol' commie days" we had a wonderful stability there.LOL.

Less hateful? I say sheep.

#33     May 22, 2009
  4. The question is not whether we are one country.

The question where Americans choose to fit in our country. Rugged individualism is being rubbed out because it might hurt someone's FEEELLLINNNGGGS.

Our country has always been about winners and losers. Everybody can't win the superbowl, or live in a mansion.

Excellence is in this nation because excellence is very well rewarded, even when they do tax the hell out of it.

America has moved left, because it is being feminized. They want our citizens to act like women and think like children because that environment will not breed the desire for autonomy.

Think about it, what do women primarily want?

Security.

What do men primarily want?

Freedom.

That is what is wrong with our country, in my humble view.

And yes, I am most definitely a social darwinist. It is what made our country great. If no one keeps score, if there are no perks to winning, then no one will want to play, and make sacrifices to win.

#34     May 22, 2009
  5. Wouldn't work. They would b a failed state within 5 years, and then we would have to intervene to "protect American interests"

Then we would have to spend an assload of money to reconstruct the place, hold proper elections, etc. etc.

#35     May 22, 2009
  6. Alright dumbass when did I ever say the North was anti-discriminatory?

And I'm not even 'up north'. However I will say the the rest of the country is far less racially polarized than the south, for obvious reasons.

#36     May 22, 2009
  7. Unfortunately for your point, helping those in need has always been American.

#37     May 22, 2009
  8. The reason for the war was because the Northern Banks, Industrialists had invested in Southern Infrastructure. Railroads, Ports and they told Lincoln that no way were they going to lose their investments.

#38     May 22, 2009
  9. hardly.

#39     May 22, 2009
  10. It is American to help those in need when the helpers have the choice of helping.

It is strongly anti-american to help those in need by mandating national programs through wealth redistribution.

Your pro-choice right? Much like women have the choice to do what they want to their own bodies everyone should have the choice of how they want to spend their money. NOT THE GOVERNMENT! Why don't you advocate the right for people to decide what they do with their own money?

#40     May 22, 2009