What's wrong with the big boys?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by LoosenUp, May 21, 2004.

1. lets cut all the bullcrap out. what did you make in the past 12 months. what style do you trade? what size do you trade? you seem to think trading small size is the same as trading big size. the more size you trade the harder the game is. i been net + 2 years but each time i go big the game gets alot harder.

#21     May 22, 2004
  2. gaj

gaj

my trading system works for me, and i'm doing fine with it.

having said that - there's NO chance it can work with a larger account. in fact, i deliberately keep my trading account small, as the 'excess' cash in there won't get used on an intraday basis.

what i do is take trades that larger players / brokerages / etc. would never want to do. if i see a trade (and i'm not occupied on too many other positions) that has a very high probability of giving me a max. of $300-400 (and my risk being 100-150), i'll take it in a heartbeat.

the same trade *can't* work in my timeframe on a larger magnitude. i go from being a small fish that no one notices to a larger fish whose size can change the direction. and once i become larger...my risk dramatically changes.

#22     May 22, 2004
  3. thats my point. you make sence and thats how alot of us trade. this fool who started this chat does not seem to understand how easy it is to be a piker than a player. i'm a piker too.

#23     May 22, 2004
  4. patsup

patsup

hello he does say he understands "size" thanks
    no need to call people "fool"ish thanks

#24     May 22, 2004
  5. Thanks patsup and others who shared their views. Anybody else have anything to add?

#25     May 24, 2004
  6. saxon

saxon

HA! (pathetic).

LoosenUp,

You sound like a level-headed professional. And I think you are smart enough to realize that the guys who are trash talking you here are the same types that are going to be paying your bills for a long time to come.

So I wouldn't worry too much about losing your edge...as long as there is a good supply of these kinds of chumps around.

Keep up the good work,
    saxon

#26     May 24, 2004
  7. Everest

Everest

It's all a question of outlook.

To answer your question, there are an awful lot of monkeys in the asset management business. It in no way surprises me how many are useless. And the same thing goes for a majority of individual traders.

Or business in general. Or people. Even dogs.

That fact is this : does it matter?

Only that they keep providing liquidity.

As for their performance, I couldn't give a rats arse.

Concentrate ever effort to yourself, and forget the rest.

Good trading to you, and may your edge last forever

#27     May 24, 2004