what's wrong with TD Ameritrade?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by freewilly, Aug 17, 2010.

1. TD Ameritrade has lot of problems lately. It is getting worse each day.

Today i have this problem, not the worst I have with TD, but still annoying.

Lot of stocks, daily charts misses lot of data. (1 min, 5 min, 10 min charts, all missing lot of data).

Also, anyone sill uses Advanced Analyzer? I use that "old" screen tool daily, but it becomes very unreliable. Sometimes I can't log in, sometimes, update only goes back to 4 days ago. (today, it only update data to August 12. what a joke!)

2. Yeah ... Something is def going on with them .. Check out their Yahoo Message Board AMTD

3. I have called Ameritrade many times to complain about bad quotes and usually get the run around by inept tech support.

This guy that lost the 100k from the crap options quotes couldn't have been too bright, took him way too long to figure it out.

Anyhow, you have to have two quote sources if you're trading and if you don't , just buy a carton of K-Y jelly, and you'll be fine.

4. TD Ameritrade is having so many problems and they knew about the bad quotes but did nothing about it . Actually its illegal for them to let people trade with the bad quotes .

I think they are somehow making money from the wrong quotes being displayed and now the scam is spilling over to Think or Swim . They are teaching TOS how to rip customers off http://www.elitetrader.com/br/?action=view&R_FirmID=146