whats wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by 151, Dec 11, 2008.

1. The union representing that employee fucked him, they refused to take a pay cut.

#11     Dec 11, 2008
  2. Mvic

Mvic

I wouldn't worry too much about the autoworkers, they will get their bailout by the end of Monday.

#12     Dec 11, 2008
  3. I hope the big 3 and the scumbags getting $50 / hour for a blue collar job all go to hell.

#13     Dec 11, 2008
  4. I have NO Sympathy for auto workers. They bled the company dry for decades and finally killed it.
    An uneducated assembly line worker making $70 hour for how many years?
    They lived damn good considering people working at wallmart make around $7 hour and no benefits.
    They brought it on themselves.
    A person works two jobs to get through a 4 year college with an accounting degree is lucky to make $20 hour.

Take some of your profits and do some good with it if you are serious. Donate to disabled veterans wounded warrior project. They protected your freedoms and safety and have suffered horrific injuries. If you're bullshit you won't donate a dime.

#14     Dec 11, 2008
  5. I agree, GM will get the billions they need by Monday.

#15     Dec 11, 2008
  6. jnbadger

jnbadger

That's not a bad idea to alleviate some of your guilt.

But don't forget that you are involved in an extremely difficult business, and you need to appreciate any wind falls you can generate.

And don't forget all of the times when the market is up 800 points on the day, everyone you know is euphoric, and you got chopped up on the short side.

You trade markets. You don't trade peoples' jobs. Just feel fortunate. You've earned it because you were willing to take the risk.

You need to enjoy your holidays, as we all do in these tumultuous times.

#16     Dec 11, 2008
  7. Belive it or not Darwin got it right the first time.

It's nice that you have feelings and consciencence ... but that doesn't change a thing.

#17     Dec 12, 2008
  8. not until UAW agree to terms. they're pigs.....

#18     Dec 12, 2008
  9. wave

wave

"He had showed me a card of his financial adviser"

The whole "financial advisor system" needs to be overhauled next. It's also one big scheme. After the hedge funds, this is the next scheme to fall apart. The only ones standing will be the elitetraders who can prove they know how to invest and trade.

Most hedge funds make their take off the fees and the financial advisors make all their take from fees while they have no clue how to trade or invest. The financial advisor industry is going to get much leaner. Survival of the fittest and ones who actually know something about investing and trading.

#19     Dec 12, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

They should not get the bailout.... should go into Chapter 11 so the pressure of proper concessions will be greater.

Might not work anyway... people might shy away from GM purchases out of concern they will be around long enough to honor warranty.

When I think of a new car, the only GM products which even cross my mind are Corvette and Cadillac (no, not those... the CTS-V)

#20     Dec 12, 2008