What's wrong with IB?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by FutureMann, Feb 9, 2010.

1. l2tradr

l2tradr

On that breaking news, I am short 3000 shares of IBKR. BANG!

#41     Feb 10, 2010
  2. They are probably too big to feel sorry for few leaving investors. Their compliance wouldn't even have a phone conversation with me, which could have resolved the confusing at the first place.

#42     Feb 10, 2010
  3. They should be happy to see investors go. Traders are where they make their money. Is this the Elitetrader message board or EliteInvestor?

#43     Feb 10, 2010
  4. And they make even less with the eliteinvestorpapertraders.

:p

#44     Feb 10, 2010
  5. You guys like to play with words. I do more than 20 round turns a day. I don't know if you call that a trader or investor. BTW, English is not my native language.

#45     Feb 10, 2010
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Well, we really hate to see you go. You've been fun. I'm sure IB will never be the same.

Good luck with your Future, Mann.

#46     Feb 10, 2010
  7. Mann, the Future is so bright......

#47     Feb 10, 2010
  8. I still left little money to keep my IB account open. You never know I may come back someday. I poked around TWS a little for past few days. It's trading function is quite good. But it's chart seems to be lacking. Is there any charting package can be used with TWS but not costing too much? I like to have good fibonacci retracements drawing tool. prefer it will snap to day's Hi-Lo. Penny for ur thought.

#48     Feb 10, 2010
  9. JackR

JackR

FutureMann:

As to charting that works with IB. Try QuoteTracker. You can try a free version (with advertisements) that is almost the same as the $120/year ad-free version. There are many others but QT is well integrated with IB's TWS and is fairly well supported even though it is now owned by TD Ameritrade.

Be aware - if you don't trade IB will start charging you a $10 or $20 a month no-activity fee and also charge you for any data you turned on.

I'm an IB customer and I do have an occasional problem with them, generally due to a TWS "upgrade feature" they failed to document clearly. But overall they are a decent broker.

Jack

#49     Feb 10, 2010
  10. FutureMann,

You got a bad rap for ripping IB seemingly for no reason. It now appears you did have a reason, although I would bet there was a misunderstanding on your part (possibly due to a language barrier, and also possible if you are outside the US).

This board is full of people who bash IB with a reason (they work for another broker usually). So those of us who like IB tend to attack these people who seem to be trolls for other brokers.

That said IB is definitely not perfect, their customer service could always use work and they do introduce features without enough testing (although this has improved over the past couple of years). Then again if you want a perfect platform you won't be at IB and will expect to pay up the @ss. There are always tradeoffs with a broker.....

#50     Feb 10, 2010