What's wrong with IB?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by FutureMann, Feb 9, 2010.

1. This whole thing is just stupid. There are withdrawl rules and restrictions on trading with newly deposited funds. If those rules are not followed please let us know ASAP. If they are followed (or you don't know the rules) go back to the Yahoo forums.

#11     Feb 10, 2010
  2. You are an IB employee, of course you have no guts to post anything here criticizing IB. FutureMann wants IB return the money and go to another broker. Do you understand?

#12     Feb 10, 2010
  3. I wired in the money this Monday morning and it showed up in my account this Monday morning too.

#13     Feb 10, 2010
  4. Sounds like there are two issues:

1. IB wouldn't let you trade immediately.
    2. IB wouldn't return your funds until the holding period is over.

#2 is clearly stated, complaining isn't going to make it better and makes you look stupid. If you don't agree to the holding period, don't send the cash. And "I didn't know" is a poor excuse when money is involved.

#1 is the real issue, did you get an explanation why you couldn't trade? If so what was it? If not, call them and ask. Maybe you hadn't configured trading permissions?

#14     Feb 10, 2010
  5. Many people said Ted Bundy is a serial killer. He certainly didn't kill me :)

#15     Feb 10, 2010
  6. Every brokers would let you trade as soon as you wire the money into your account except IB. If you don't let people trade, just return the money. Pure and simple! Don't use "fine prints" to rip people off.

#16     Feb 10, 2010
  7. Yes. All of sudden I get a job with IB so I can defend them from an absolutely ignorant post and more ignorant co-post.

Find another broker moron.

And moron Jr. (ted), french fries are done...back to work.

:p

#17     Feb 10, 2010
  8. When someone's brain power all used up, he will more likely degenerate to name calling:)

#18     Feb 10, 2010
  9. Let's hear why he couldn't trade immediately. Maybe he hadn't set up market permissions?

I'm sure IB is making all their profits on the 2 days of interest on his $4000. He should ask for a credit of the 3 cents.

#19     Feb 10, 2010
  10. spindr0

spindr0

LOL. You're really Mr. Patience (snark). Were you angry at your corn flakes as well this morning?

Banks have holds on newly deposited funds. Ever wonder why?

#20     Feb 10, 2010