What's wrong with gay marriage?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Optional, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

+ 5

#81     Mar 29, 2013
  2. We need a federal ruling or get gubbermint out of the marriage business altogether

1) I believe states have the right to decide but reciprocity in other jurisdictions is each individual states right to determine as well.

2) The federal gubbermint needs to decide if those living in states who allow gay marriage means imposing federal benefits on employers of the state and tax payer benefits SS federal gubbermint retirement etc.

3)Also federal govt employees even in states that do not allow gay marriage may still get marriage benefits.
    Ie when I was a VA employee I was not required to have passed any state professional board for employment in my profession at a federal facility.

#82     Mar 29, 2013
  3. jem

jem

good point. I forgot about the reciprocity issue. I would have to spend more time looking at how that would become a problem.

not sure points 2 or matters. Would Reid allow gay marriage to come up for a vote.

If they try to sneak it through with regulations... they will be tested in court.

#83     Mar 29, 2013