whats with quote tracker today

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hoodooman, Apr 23, 2012.

1. You can try if you want to, but as you can see TDA is not exactly supportive of it. The opened account would have to have $2,000 in it, so its not just opening the account that would be needed, but minimal funding too.

I don't know what exactly they plan to do in June when they say they will draw down QT. If they turn off the quotetracker.com servers, then the auto registration for TDA clients will go down as well, so the only way to keep working would be with the patched version

As for the first 4 instructions, that is pretty easy. To create a temp folder:

* Right click on an empty area on your desktop
    * Select NEW menu, then FOLDER sub menu.

This will create a new folder on your desktop (you can give it whatever name you want). Now just double click on it to open it.

Now just open the zip file (the patch file) and proceed with the rest of the instructions.

#11     Apr 23, 2012
  2. Jerry you are the best.
    Your comments are well taken as to what Ameritrade plans to do.

I use to use my Scottrade quotes but qt stopped taking them a while back and I read on ET that Ameritrade wasn't allowing them on QT any more. So whose to say that IB isn't next.

I think it would make a lot of people happy if you would program another charting program and to attract some additional attention, you could add alerts when price crosses an indicator for example price crosses a Bollinger band or ema. That would be red hot. You could also provide the quotes yourself as an option. In my opinion, this would have to be a winner.

Regards and best wishes.

#12     Apr 23, 2012
  3. Scottrade was not a TDA issue.. Scottrade datafeed changed completely, which is why it no longer works.

Scottrade is quite a different from IB. Scottrade did not provide any API for us to use, we (Mike and I) had to reverse engineer the datafeed, including the encryption they used (including the BUG in the encryption). Since they did not intend for the API to be used by anyone other then themselves, they did not have any obligation to keep it backward compatible.

IB on the other hand has a public API, which is what QT uses. IB goes out of the way to keep the API backward compatible as they make changes. Same with IQFeed and a number of others.

As long as the datafeed doesn't change, QT will continue to work (assuming you use the patched version)

#13     Apr 23, 2012
  4. #14     Apr 23, 2012
  5. when I click on the DOWNLOAD NOW button, I get a Windows dialog box to select where to save the file. Depending on the browser you use, you should get something similar, or the download may just start.

If you have a problem downloading the file, you may want to get some help from someone with a bit more technical experience.

#15     Apr 23, 2012
  6. ----------------------------------------------------------------

i've downloade this several times and a screen pops up but no way to install. The instructions i see are as below
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

To upload a file just follow these simple steps: Benefícios em usar o Zippyshare Para carregar um ficheiro basta que siga estes simples passos:

Selecione um ficheiro para enviar usando o botão "Browse". Pode se seguida selecionar a foto, audio, video, documento ou qualquer outro ficheiro que quer enviar. O tamanho máximo do ficheiro é 100 MB.

atribui uma descricção ao ficheiro, Para que seja fácil identificá-lo.

Clique no botão "Send" para começar a carregar o ficheiro. Não feche a janela do browser enquanto carrega ou irá cancelar o carregamento.

CONFUSED
    :confused:
    cheers
    john

#16     Apr 23, 2012
  7. John,

1) you may want to set that site to show English (upper right corner)

2) it seems that you are on the home page for zippyshare instead of the URL I gave.

#17     Apr 23, 2012
  8. Thanks jerry saw that when i went back
    cheers
    john

#18     Apr 23, 2012
  9. Jerry this is what I get when I try to down load the file
    iLivid is ready to be downloaded...
    Problem with the download? Please use one of the following download links.
    Feature Free
    Plays any video file while it downloads
    Strong download manager abilities
    Unique download acceleration abilities
    Supports 4shared, Mediafire, Hotfile more.
    Support any video file Included
    Enhanced video and audio files support Unlimited
    Automatic Rar file extraction, During download Included
    Links checker abilites

Mirror Links
    1. United States and Canada
    2. Europe
    3. South America
    4. Asia and Mediterranean

1,356,662 downloads

Or please wait

00:00

seconds

#19     Apr 23, 2012
  10. Don't download ilivid

Instead,click on the orange DOWNLOAD NOW button on top right of the page I gave you

#20     Apr 23, 2012