What's with ET'ers and all these dumb ass predictions?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Red_Ink_inc, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Messiah complex is a state in which the individual believes themselves to be, or destined to become, the saviour of the particular field, a group, an event, a time period, or in an extreme scenario, the world....People with a messiah complex tend to see themselves as saviors to a specific group of people or a specific field, making claims of their own glory, or claiming a self-awareness of their own gift and how that gift can affect a group of people or a field of life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messianic_complex

And some just seem to get off watching their post count increase like their imaginary p&l in their sim account.

#11     Nov 6, 2008
  2. Perfect. Except that I haven't gotten to the point of actually using the ignore feature yet. Part of me likes looking to get a good laugh.
    Besides, even though so few of the "gurus" even trade or influence anyone, having these sort of idiots provides liquidity. Even if it's just them taking that last 500 shares of my offer.

#12     Nov 6, 2008
  3. TT1

TT1

On any given trading day there are on avg., 285 registered users and 250 guest on ET

Most if not all these names listed above have nothing better to do with their days except post mindless and childish crap!

Real traders focus on trading and not on posting 35 times a day!!

Have a look at the posters on "Trader P/L 2008" in the Journal Forum! These guys focus on trading and prove it every day!!!

#13     Nov 6, 2008
  4. These "public" ignore lists usually come up during the elections.... mainly due to arguements in relation to politics, not trading.

I know I am on that ignore list, but I also posted heavely during this election against the reps.... thus I made alot of enemies. As far as my trading ability, thats something I comfortably need not defend.

#14     Nov 7, 2008
  5. I predict 95% of the traders on this site will lose money, after mondays close. :)

#15     Nov 7, 2008
  6. Red Ink you must have zero knowledge of daily and weekly fluctuations and swings.

#16     Nov 7, 2008
  7. Have to say, I couldn't agree more!

Every day it becomes more obvious that not only do so many here not trade, they've never traded.

Fuckheads like apak, stock_turk3y, Hedgefundturder2 (who, mercifully, has not posted in a couple of months after residing in Chat)...the list goes on and on and on and...

#17     Nov 7, 2008
  8. Cheese

Cheese

I highly rate freedom of expression and therefore those many expressing views irrelevant to trading or common sense can be ignored at the discretion of the individual ET member.

The frequent predictions in ET are worthless as usually they are not based on any data. They simply represent the need of the poster to make a post, to see it in print at ET and to have responses from others. It is shallow ego expression which is nevertheless harmless. Usually I don't go into any threads started by any one of a number of shallow posters.

It appears that many posters do not trade and that most of those who actually trade are not significantly successful. I don't see the evidence for success since I would note the chart configurations, if ever mentioned, which suggest frequent trading nor do I see reference to the way in which certain indicators can be used for repetitively successful trading.
    :)

#18     Nov 8, 2008
  9. hughb

hughb

This isn't the first time I've heard that the Trader p/l journal is the "real deal". I just read the last three pages of it and it is past posted trades, as in not in real time. Since some of them mention losing days/trades, maybe it is on the level. but that doesn't change the fact that it's boring.

#19     Nov 8, 2008
  10. Where exactly do you get this from?

#20     Nov 8, 2008