what's up with innerworth?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mojo59, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Received this email from Innerworth on 6/12/03

Ice :cool:

I am very excited and pleased to announce the MarketWise acquisition of Innerworth: Mind Over Markets web portal. First and foremost, your existing subscription and access to the Innerworth site will not be impacted. The site will continue to reside at www.innerworth.com and you will continue to receive all the excellent support you have become accustomed to.

As you know, the force behind Innerworth is built on the deep belief that individuals and market psychology are what drives trading decisions, and therefore broad market trends. Technical Analysis is born from this belief and draws its complete value from this fact. MarketWise also follows this approach, therefore psychology of the markets is the foundation of our market analysis. It is for these reasons I believe MarketWise a perfect fit to carry on the outstanding services of Innerworth.
    MarketWise provides practical application of market psychology each day in the form of active trading and education, which we provide to our thousands of customers worldwide. We think of our customers as part of the “MarketWise Family,” as an Innerworth subscriber you’ll become a member of our family.

As a member of our community of traders, we would first like to introduce you to our site and services at www.marketwise.com. Next, as Innerworth subscribers, we plan to offer you an extended free trial to our daily research and market analysis. Our research truly speaks for itself, but we also track our performance on the site and I encourage you to review it. We subscribe to a simple yet direct approach to daily market analysis that our family of traders appreciate, while our performance tells us it works. We hope you take the opportunity to decide for yourself. The link below will entitle you to a one-month subscription of the "WiseGuide" to aid you in making that determination. Click Here to register.
    In addition to our online services, MarketWise is also the world’s largest market education provider offering classroom education to active traders-investors. Our sites include Denver (corporate), Boca Raton, Chicago, Manhattan, and operations in Canada, Mexico, Chile and Japan. Students visit us from around the world to attend our courses, featuring professional traders with experience from major exchange floors to the latest electronic environments. Regardless how we can help, we are here to help you become more “marketwise”. Please don’t hesitate to call or e-mail us with any questions, ideas or concerns.
    Warmest regards,

David S. Nassar

Founder/CEO

Here is the Press Release:

DENVER, June 2, 2003 - Founder and CEO of MarketWise Trading School, L.L.C., David S. Nassar, announced today the acquisition of the Innerworth: Mind Over Markets Web site (www.innerworth.com). Innerworth is the leading web-based source of trader and investor market psychology, education and coaching. Its goal is to help traders of all levels develop and maintain the mental edge needed to become great traders. The site has an extensive array of advanced trading tools and specialized content, all developed by world-class traders, psychologists, writers and software developers, using the latest in technology and research.

"Innerworth's adherence to the foundational aspects of trading psychology is as important to traders as sports psychology is to athletes. We share the same philosophical and practical views of market analysis, which makes this acquisition a perfect fit for MarketWise. MarketWise is the industry leader in market education, while Innerworth is a leader in trader psychology. Combining the two provides traders the continuing education needed to master the fine art of trading stocks, options and futures. Given the market climate, such as the recent SEC mandate to several traditional firms to allocate $80 million to investor education as the result of analyst scandals, et cetera, it is clear that the industry wants to develop an educated investor. This has been our charter for over seven years as a worldwide provider of market research and education," states Nassar.

Chris Doubek, president of Terra Nova Trading, L.L.C., a leading brokerage firm in the industry who exclusively utilizes MarketWise for education of the firm's customers states, "MarketWise has continued to push the envelope of market education for our customers. The results of our relationship with MarketWise have been simply incredible. This new addition of trader and investor psychology coaching through the Innerworth acquisition adds yet another layer of depth to the school. We are very excited."

About MarketWise Trading School, L.L.C.
    Located in the Denver Metro area of Colorado, the MarketWise Trading School was established in 1996 by New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Business Week best-selling author David S. Nassar. Featured numerous times on CNBC, the school offers courses focusing on a unique technical approach to trading equities, options and futures. Since 1996, MarketWise has operated the Denver training and trading center with classroom facilities and an active trading floor, and has since expanded to New York, Montreal and Boca Raton. Mediums of education are available on location and real-time over the World Wide Web. For more information, visit at www.marketwise.com or call 877- MKT- WISE.

About Terra Nova Trading, L.L.C.
    Terra Nova Trading, L.L.C. is a broker/dealer and leading direct-access broker with services geared toward traders and active investors. Terra Nova offers dynamic, real-time quotes and charts through the customizable RealTick® software platform from their technology partner, Townsend Analytics, Ltd. Traders using Terra Nova's direct-access can route orders to competitive markets and receive live order and account updates. Terra Nova was the sponsoring broker dealer of one of the most active ECNs in the nation, Archipelago, and remains one of its largest subscribers. Terra Nova's clients were among the first to enjoy Archipelago's premier access to the marketplace. Founded in 1994, Terra Nova is headquartered in downtown Chicago. Securities and futures are offered through Terra Nova Trading, L.L.C., member NASD, NFA, SIPC & PCX. For more information, visit the Terra Nova Web site at www.terranovaonline.com.

About RealTick®
    RealTick, created by Townsend Analytics, is the online trading industry's premier direct-access research and trading software. RealTick delivers real-time market data, news and analytics; sophisticated trading tools; unrivaled access to exchanges and ECNs; and risk management tools to institutions, broker/dealers and individual investors. RealTick's advanced technical design is supported by state-of-the-art data centers and a redundant network with the bandwidth equivalent of 500 DSL lines for market data and orders. For more information, visit www.realtick.com.

About Townsend Analytics Ltd.
    Townsend Analytics has been changing the way the world trades since 1985. The Chicago-based company created many technology innovations that are now considered standards in the financial services industry. These include the first real-time financial software under Microsoft Windows®; the first product to provide real-time streaming data over the Internet; the first integrated solution for NASDAQ trading rooms; and the first Windows-based direct-access trading solution. Townsend Analytics also developed Archipelago and the Archipelago Exchange, the nation's first all-electronic, fully open exchange. The firm has engineered direct-access solutions for money managers, asset managers, hedge funds and mutual funds worldwide. *RealTick is a registered trademark of Townsend Analytics, Ltd.

Ice :cool:

#21     Jun 17, 2003
  2. looks like someone else posted the info already...

:p

#22     Jun 17, 2003
  3. Not sure. Just wish I could unsubscribe from the *@%$* thing.:mad:

friggin roach motel.

#23     Jun 17, 2003
  4. Osiris

Osiris

Is that listing for real? I mean do they really have all those people there offering content and advice?

Anyone know how involved with inner worth the advisory board is? Just curious what you guys think, I wanted to sign up just on the basis of the board, but I am not really sure what they offer.

Thanks for the help

#24     Jun 17, 2003
  5. mojo59

mojo59

I originally signed up with Innerworth because I liked their interviews and the daytrade diary was an easy place to track my trades and look back on my notes for thoughts on individual trades. But 2 weeks ago, my diary was erased so now as a lifetime member its just a matter of waiting to see what will happen with this site. Just hoping for the best.

#25     Jun 17, 2003
  6. Andre

Andre

Is that listing for real? I mean do they really have
    all those people there offering content and advice?

It is for real. The founder knew many of the well know names you see there. But most of them weren't contributing to the site on a daily basis. Some helped create initial content, and helped define how the site would cover the topic. The coaches are indeed available.

André

#26     Jun 17, 2003
  7. alain

alain

they must have problems handling their technical issues... today I received the newsletter six times.

#27     Jun 18, 2003
  8. mojo59

mojo59

Same thing happened to me. Another problem is I can get into the first page of the interviews but can't progress to the next page on any of the interviews.

#28     Jun 18, 2003
  9. I'm having the same problem.

#29     Jun 18, 2003
  10. I got it just once today. Wasn't able to read past the opening page of the interviews either.

-Joe

#30     Jun 18, 2003