What's up with IB speed today?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Bob111, Feb 10, 2003.

1. white17

white17

Let's hope not. They did acknowledge that the problem existed and they were trying to correct it. Did you see that bulletin?

#21     Feb 11, 2003
  2. Bob111

Bob111

of course i did))))))i call them right in morning after it starts.

they suggest couple way to try in this case-use a rapid order or create ticket from orders tab

hope it helps somebody else.

#22     Feb 11, 2003
  3. qdz2

qdz2

my friends were hit again by the system problem when the market having large rapid move. no quote. not order cancel/submission. it's definitely not the fault of my friends. my friends suspect they did it on purpose!

:p

#23     Feb 11, 2003
  4. white17

white17

QDZ: Right and they all got together last night in Conneticut and decided to screw BOB111 just because they had nothing else to do today and no other way to make a buck.

#24     Feb 11, 2003
  5. Bob111

Bob111

:D :D :D they did not get a buck from me)))))))i just submit , wait for coupe minutes, then cancel))))

i told you QDZ-work around modifying orders))))))))) modified order resubmittion-split sec)))))

#25     Feb 11, 2003
  6. qdz2

qdz2

since my friends told them any workaround, they turned around right away. you wait for them to charge you $1.2 for any order submission any time. let me tell you the rumor I heard that why they don't charge cancellation/modification fee on SMAR order. it's because they are the middle men and can make the money out of it right now. Friends hint to check your fill and exchange time & sales. By the way, this could be illegal. If the whole plot is uncovered, $1 commission goes to $10. Just wait when they cannot make it as middle men or get caught which ever comes first.

#26     Feb 11, 2003
  7. qdz2

qdz2

friends complaint it's probably because of too many users for their system/support capacity . they should serve their current customer base well and make sure folks can be profitable, stay for a while and pay them as much commission as possible happily, like I did in old time.

#27     Feb 11, 2003
  8. white17

white17

QDZ: in the spirit of friendship I suggest you be a little more careful in the allegations you so easily throw around. You may not be familiar with all the laws in this country regarding slander and libel. If you truly believe something illegal or unethical is happening then I suggest you get an attorney and pursue it. If not , then I'd be more circumspect in the unfounded statements you make.

#28     Feb 11, 2003
  9. qdz2

qdz2

hey white, you keep giving me crappy threats like this one. I know my rights. I just state what I heard. Do you know that briefing.com touts rumors everyday. I am just so curious why you are interested in defending something that seems wrong.

#29     Feb 11, 2003
  10. Spark

Spark

during opening session it was too slow...during greenspan discussion time, stop order was messed up....during closing time, ib was slow....IB need to invest some money out of 1.2 billion capital in good back up system from good telecom carrier

#30     Feb 11, 2003