What's up with IB speed today?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Bob111, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Bob111

Bob111

huh..finally find it-

Exchange Cancel and/or Modify Order Fees

Many exchanges charges fees for cancellations and modifications, and IB charges its customers to cover these fees.

Cancel Order Type Modify Orders Fees or
    Cancel of Modify Fees Execution Credit *
    US direct API stock orders (does not apply to US smart API orders) USD 0.12/Cancel or modify USD .24/API directed execution
    US direct TWS + API option orders (does not apply to US smart orders) USD 1.20/Cancel or modify USD 1.20/Directed execution

#11     Feb 10, 2003
  2. qdz2

qdz2

options exchanges are crazy. what the hell is the reason to charge order modification/cancellation fee? Some European exchanges start to do this as well. All I can say is that these exchanges are desperated and will be out of business soon. They just take away the basic market principle from the investors and traders. Without the free (in the sense of both the money and the will) ability to cancel/adjust order as the market condition changes, it's just make us to fed the manipulators. $1.2, what a joke!!! fu*k 'em, don't trade and take some other job.

:p
    Pay me $1 for you touch that bread in my store.

#12     Feb 10, 2003
  3. Bob111

Bob111

and on top of it-don't forget sometimes up to 20% spread))))))))))))))

#13     Feb 10, 2003
  4. qdz2

qdz2

my friends told me that the trick of this order cancellation/modification fee is that it's soft, hidden, and nasty. you don't know how high it could run as the day progresses. there is no way to monitor it in real time until you get the final statement. there is no way to trace or check. no way to argue. they charge you because you did it and it's your own responsibility. watch out and stay away from whoever does this, or get a bite.

#14     Feb 10, 2003
  5. qdz2

qdz2

SEC and NASD should really focus on the f*cking problems like this. crooks like Enron and Worldcom rather than on PDT. If they did something about Enron/Worldcom in 2001 rather than on PDT we would not be in this bullsh*t situation now.

#15     Feb 10, 2003
  6. Bob111

Bob111

i think there is a way to go around those fees. if you use API-submit order as smart until you got exchange you need. then-you can modify your order as many times as you need by using number that you give(before you submit) to last order.

#16     Feb 10, 2003
  7. I've also been experiencing some delays on market entries for ES on Globex. For my stops I usually have a market order ready to be transmitted but will wait until the inside liquidity drops below 400 contracts before firing it off. This sometimes allows me to get out at a better price if it takes a slight pullback from my stop before the liquidity drops below 400. The last couple of days there have been 2-3 (or more) second delays in my order turning green and has resulted in slippage each time. This was not during any fast markets. It is unusual as I normally get a fill as soon as I pull the trigger on market orders. :(

#17     Feb 11, 2003
  8. Bob111

Bob111

orders just not been accepted or that message pop up-
    could not value this contract at this time.
    happy trading:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

#18     Feb 11, 2003
  9. white17

white17

No problems today on this end.

#19     Feb 11, 2003
  10. Bob111

Bob111

hmmm........i trying to submit few at end and in morning-same sh..t

maybe i got personal attention from ib or maybe god trying to tell me something?)))))))

#20     Feb 11, 2003