What's up with IB speed today?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Bob111, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Bob111

Bob111

i submit few orders and it take more than three minutes today till they been accepted by ECN.
    also IB charge a fee for order cancelation, trying to find info about it, put phrase "Order cancelation fee" in search window on their website-nothing about it.

2. Eldredge

Eldredge

Towards the close today, I didn't even have quotes showing up on TWS for several stocks - I was still connected though. Quotes and orders have seemed to "bunch up" for several seconds and then update all at once at times for the last few days. I'm not sure what is going on, but it isn't good.

3. At around noon today I could not get some simple NYSE buy orders executed. I tried market and limit orders as well as SMART routing and direct to NYSE. Kept getting the message "couldn't value the contract".

4. What are you talking about? fee for cancellation I thought that was for options? I placed an order at 5pm ET for Q's and ARCA was showing an ASK at 24.12 I sent 24.12 LMT got nothing(order stayed green on INCA) then canceled and send LMT 24.15 then got an execution on ISLD. (?):confused:

5. ib only charges a fee to cancel for automated orders.

6. white17

white17

I noticed a disturbing slow down on confirmations today. I placed several orders at B&A all eventually went through but it took up to a minute to get reports back from CBOE and longer from PHLX ( that doesn't surprise me).

7. Bob111

Bob111

orders sended thru IB API(don't know about orders sended from TWS) to particular ECN and then canceled.
    $1.2 per order

8. $.12, right?

9. Bob111

Bob111

forget about it.....my fault. 1.2 if you cancel order submitted to particular ECN thru API (for options only)))

10. Occasionally, IB's systems may still have a slight glitch, but most of the time there is one and only one reason for problems with quotes and/or order routing: Archipelago is open!

#10     Feb 10, 2003