what's up with IB P.O.S #*$@#*

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by R1234, Aug 18, 2009.

1. [ people see are from their ISP. Drop a few too many packets or oversubscribe the routers, or whatever, and TWS will pink out for a little while. I suspect it happens more than people think. Not IB's fault in these cases.

Sir, could you please expand on the above. I have a adsl line with Bell Canada and they provide the router. I run esignal for charting and use 2 computers to trade the 2 accounts I have. One with IB and the other else where. Each computer has its own IP address for security and I have 4 screens.
    I have had the line check many times and I am using very little of the available bandwidth. I am not sure how to check that but that is what the Bell Canada technican told me.
    Is there a way to find out about the packets or oversubscribed router you speak of? I find that I lose connection, freeze or go pink/ purple just as we are about to move or during. The lose of the bid ask or when an ECN goes down is usually followed by a IB bulletin.

I guess I find it hard to understand as each person tells me something different each time I call for support so any help is appreciated. I have reserved myself to mostly doing options with IB and trying to do some futures trading. Based on the recent trade issues I may end up passing on futures also.

thank you, Maggie

#31     Aug 18, 2009
  2. fbell50

fbell50

I've had a lot of problems with IB starting 8/17.

1) Constant connection problems on 8/17.
    2) Running two copies of TWS, one wouldn't logon after ISP problems at 4:00 am on 8/18. I had to shutdown and restart at 9:20 am. The other sucessfully dealt with constant ISP problems between 4-5am.
    3) Once, ReqOpenOrders failed to return all orders on 8/17. Ten minutes later ReqOpenOrders returned all orders.
    4) 12:06 am 8/19. One of my two TWS sessions loses its connection (perhaps because of the nightly reset). TWS beeps for several minutes before connection reestablished. I'm guessing the beeps happened because for some unknown reason it wasn't able to display the usual logon window. The other TWS didn't lose its connection. I've never had it beep like this after a lost connection or nightly reset.

This is using build 897.6.

I've been using IB for three years now and this is the worst I've ever seen it.

#32     Aug 19, 2009
  3. Pascal

Pascal

This is the first real post in this thread besides the OP. This thread is full of IB Shills. It's amazing how much IB pays for employees to defend the reputation. This must mean for sure, they are one of the worst trading brokerages out there.

No doubt someone will come on after me, to start a flame war, he will be a shill. Or someone will try to call me out on something stupid to try to discredit my criticism of IB. But of course, everyone will see through the shill.

#33     Aug 19, 2009
  4. rcj

rcj

Guys,
    get PingPlotter. its free, quick install, tiny footprint, will quickly
    show your route graphically and latencey. If there is a problem with a switch in the route, it will show instantly.

#34     Aug 19, 2009
  5. TWS has been unstable the last few days and part of last week. Keeps disconnecting.

#35     Aug 19, 2009
  6. zdreg

zdreg

same again today no bid and ask

#36     Aug 19, 2009
  7. Bob111

Bob111

f*ck..same here

#37     Aug 19, 2009
  8. No bid/ask !!!!!!!

#38     Aug 19, 2009
  9. hajimow

hajimow

It seems that the problem happens only for before the bell. When the market opens, the problem goes away. Lets see it is the case for today or not.

#39     Aug 19, 2009
  10. Im using eSignal data in IB TWS. Works like a charm.

#40     Aug 19, 2009