what's up with IB P.O.S #*$@#*

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by R1234, Aug 18, 2009.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Please, do tell. Who is a better broker? Name it.

#21     Aug 18, 2009
  2. zdreg

zdreg

#22     Aug 18, 2009
  3. Pascal

Pascal

I'm not with IB and I have never been. I'm pointing out the obvious, since 80% of posts about IB are about some data issue or transactional issue.

#23     Aug 18, 2009
  4. BSAM

BSAM

LOL.....THEN SHUT THE HELL UP. What is "obvious" to you may not be so obvious to those of us who have been with IB for years.

#24     Aug 18, 2009
  5. zdreg

zdreg

the 80% of all issues is probably true for all brokers. your conclusions cannot be supported by the posts about IB.
    you have absolutely no idea what the transfer rate is out of IB or the size of those accounts.

#25     Aug 18, 2009
  6. Yes, the stock bid asks came back on open but I had one hell of a time exiting my short cl today. Options are okay.
    My platform kept freezing and sometimes would go purple and would come back on after the moves. This happened at 127pm and into close and 225pm was the last time. Now everything is fine but to late for me today as I got killed.
    Anyone got a bandaid?

#26     Aug 18, 2009
  7. I feel your pain. I got lucky today with IB's problems and they didn't cost me any money. The last couple of days and lack of responsiveness on IB's part has been disappointing and I am sure others have lost due to these problems as well.

CL was a bitch from the short side today so don't feel too bad. There is always tomorrow...

#27     Aug 18, 2009
  8. No problems at all with IB all day. Europe.

#28     Aug 18, 2009
  9. Is it because you are on a different server? I know myself I had a few issues when the Asian market opened, can't say overnight but then premarket after 830a.m.

#29     Aug 18, 2009
  10. Yes IB has problems sometimes and some are self-inflicted by the incessant TWS upgrades. But I'd bet a lot of problems people see are from their ISP. Drop a few too many packets or oversubscribe the routers, or whatever, and TWS will pink out for a little while. I suspect it happens more than people think. Not IB's fault in these cases.

There are no other brokers that have the features/commish/markets at a very low rate that IB has. The reason you see so many "What the hell is wrong with IB today..." threads, is because a very high percentage of ET traders use them. And the fact of life is that not many will just post a thread that says "IB is great today. No problems. I've had a lot of brokers, but IB is by far the best..."

Except me! IB has been fine for me today. And they have been very good for many years for me. :D

Good trading to all. :cool:

#30     Aug 18, 2009