whats up with ER2?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Ripley, Aug 10, 2005.

1. It was a clerical error.. take look at the cash index... $RUT

#21     Aug 10, 2005
  2. omniscient

omniscient Guest

hmm, i think of clerical errors like someone sending a memo out with a company meeting scheduled for 3:15AM instead of 3:15PM.

but, hey, i'll keep an open mind about my definition :D

#22     Aug 10, 2005
  3. Where did you see that?

#23     Aug 10, 2005
  4. omniscient

omniscient Guest

i haven't seen it anywhere, but that's what OEC said too. however, i just finished chatting with MBT (who was checking with the floor/exchange) and they say so far the trades stand.

i looked at CME/Globex's site, but, hmm, no news flash on that little 'blip'. but they DID announce holiday hours :D

http://www.cme.com/about/press/cn/05-105LaborDayHours14751.html

woot woot!

#24     Aug 10, 2005
  5. i should know this .. anyone know precisely how the bust levels are determined? i'm surprised they let this stand quite so deep

#25     Aug 10, 2005
  6. Hmmm. Maybe it was a real order. Think about it a minute. (or 2)

#26     Aug 10, 2005
  7. Quah

Quah

Of course it was a real order, otherwise it wouldn't have printed.

#27     Aug 10, 2005
  8. Well, now that we broke that 665ish support you kind of have to. Could be nothing more than nervousness for the rest of the day but...we may close nearer to there than farther from it.

#28     Aug 10, 2005
  9. nasty. why the chip on your shoulder?

of course they're real orders. question is where to draw the bust line. plenty of trades below 658.20 were 'real' orders too... shit traded down to like 653

#29     Aug 10, 2005
  10. Quah

Quah

Didn't mean to sound like I had a chip on my shoulder. Yes, they were all real order - even the ones that were busted. That's why I'll never understand why they bust any orders at all - someone must have wanted to get in/out at those levels or they wouldn't have had orders sitting there in the first place.

#30     Aug 10, 2005