whats this new cumbersome login with ib?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by joeyata1, Jun 7, 2007.

1. GTC

GTC

Besides, rather than using the word "expire", it probably could have stated something like: "xxx version no longer be valid after June 7, 2007". :) As Friday is the end of a work week for most, I initially thought IB will let the users use their old (but robust) builds till Friday afternoon and forcefully expire the build on Friday afternoon.

#21     Jun 8, 2007
  2. ktm

ktm

I'll try this here then post a new thread if I can't get an answer.

For you guys - institutions or otherwise - who have people doing your accounting elsewhere, how are you dealing with the new STD?

My accountant and auditor are in far away states and log into the web regularly solely to VIEW STATEMENTS. Now that a simple web login to acct mgmt requires the STD, what is the best way to approach this? It seems redundant to have the STD required for acct mgmt logins since it is required to withdraw funds or to trade in any manner. In those scenarios, I am faced with two instances of challenge strings.

#22     Jun 11, 2007
  3. Just email the statements to them as necessary.

#23     Jun 11, 2007
  4. RL8093

RL8093

One of the methods thieves use is the pump & dump. They purchase a small-float stock and then use the stolen accounts to purchase lots of this stock - causing the price to soar. They sell into this artificial rise and you're left holding a stock that is likely to be at a much lower price than when it was purchased (& lower yet once you and the other ripped-off folks sell these lousy shares). [​IMG]

#24     Jun 11, 2007