whats this new cumbersome login with ib?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by joeyata1, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

If you temporarily get disconnected you won't have to input the challenge again.
    To answer the first 2 questions, here's one example
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/25/AR2007012501763.html

#11     Jun 8, 2007
  2. Catoosa

Catoosa

Steve IB,

When will IB complete the STP token rollouts for individual accounts? I keep expecting to get an IB e-mail telling me I must sign up, but nothing yet.

Catoosa

#12     Jun 8, 2007
  3. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

The tokens are all being rolled out now, on a daily basis, in batches. A staggered release so we can ensure everything runs smoothly and we can handle all the inquiries.

#13     Jun 8, 2007
  4. risk1

risk1

Steve:

Can an advisor still opt out of the STP program?

#14     Jun 8, 2007
  5. syd697

syd697

Is the security device only for Financial Advisors using IB, or is it for individual users as well?

#15     Jun 8, 2007
  6. Steve, so do you tell people that you're sending them the tokens a few days before so that they can expect them in the mail and do you send them to the account holder's address on file?

I just don't know if some token is going to show up out of the blue or if I'm away for a few days.

Do you send them via postal service or some courier like FEDEX?

#16     Jun 8, 2007
  7. I share these concerns and would also appreciate some guidance in this area.

#17     Jun 8, 2007
  8. ccooper

ccooper

I've had the device for some time. It became mandatory for my account a week ago. I run an ATS, and it was really a pain. One call to IB to opt-out, and now I don't have to deal with it any longer. I may have poorer security, but at least I don't have to stay around my monitor to do the challenge once a day.

#18     Jun 8, 2007
  9. ==================
    Steve ;
    I would like to recommend some one in IB for a promotion;
    we frankly need thier talents in another department.

I am talking about the person who wrote TWS last version will expire quote ''20070608''

North Americans rightly read that as 6th of August;
    thanks again for promoting thai person to a different department to best ulitize thier creativity,

Should have read 20070806
    or 08//06/2007:cool:

Hope this helps

#19     Jun 8, 2007
  10. It would be better to say June 8 2007 so that no one is confused (IMHO :))

#20     Jun 8, 2007