What's this crap about Obama talking to school kids across the nation Sept. 8th?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Topper, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Quote from FeenixRizin:

you need to rethink this.

We don't elect presidents to parent our children. Especially This President.

"Obama's target audience" is every elementary classroom in the country.

This is politicking on the most gross of levels.

VOTE THIS GUY OUT!

I'm sorry you don't see the obvious.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good points.

I will go one step further and state that ALL government contact with school children should be severely limited.

Young folks should be learning about the constitution, their rights under it and their responsibilities to it, not that government functionaries and employees are our "heroes".

Another poster made the statement that George W. Bush did the same thing......if so, then shame on him also.
    ===========================================

I agree with both of these points, however I would like to have a black man speaking to the black community about education. The higher up the better, Obama fits the bill nicely.

I will put aside my personal opinions and dislikes and give Obama the opportunity.

#31     Sep 2, 2009
  2. you imbeciles complain because obama wants to give a pep talk designed to get kids to stay in school and get an education yet you are happy to send your kids to a church where real indoctrination happens.

#32     Sep 2, 2009

3. what do you not understand about "Post-Racial"

PEOPLE DON'T NEED ANY MORE EXCUSES

#33     Sep 2, 2009

4. like "love thy neighbor" ... "turn the other cheek"....

I've read alot of physics books, none mentioned these fundemental truths.

#34     Sep 2, 2009
  5. Pure genius- libs don't want God mentioned anywhere in schools, but Obama, he'll yes!!

What's the difference between God and Obama?

God doesn't think he's Obama.

#35     Sep 2, 2009
  6. dcvtss

dcvtss

Aren't their teachers government employees? Aren't they in a government facility sitting at a goverment owned desk? :confused: :confused: :confused:

#36     Sep 2, 2009
  7. Topper

Topper

They are 'my kids' ..... uhhh right?

And this 'is' the land of the free... uhhh right?

Just double checking

#37     Sep 2, 2009
  8. I would respectfully suggest that you are the one who doesn't "get it" ( but even so, I would not venture to speculate on whether you are an imbecile, as I do not know you)

It is about central government intrusion into areas that are not constitutionally mandated. If you do not see a problem with bureaucrats having interaction with children, without parental approval, then by all means consider me an imbecile.

This particular president has stooped so low as to employ school children in the census taking activities.

There are many forms of indoctrination, and as shocking as this may be too you, government plays the game also.

#38     Sep 2, 2009

9. im waiting for your response ... it's so predictable ... Give It To Me

#39     Sep 2, 2009
  10. Fair enough........

School districts have school boards that are elected and usually have regular meetings where the parents and public can apply direct pressure. Trust me, direct pressure can make things change......these folks are members of the community also.

My remarks were directed more toward the central government and state government, where access is harder, and pressure does not work as well.

#40     Sep 2, 2009