Whats the term?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chuck.ells, Feb 25, 2007.

  1. Hello you fine artistic ET'ers.
    I was wanting to know if you could help me out on a project I'm working on.

    I need a term that describes a person who spends an absurd amount of time reading books or blogs or message boards searching for the holy grail of whatever it is that their interested in at the moment.

    You know, the person who thinks they're learning by reading, but has no ability to put their new found information in to action, or put it to the test, so they just keep searching.

    Some sort of mental masturbation. The masturbation is ok, but the mental part doesn't fit.
    Chasing the grail?

    I don't know, this why I'm asking for help.
  2. PHD comes to mind:D
  3. chuck, similiar situation. Jack Hershey posted this yesterday.

    "THE way to learn is something that is definitely and clearly definable. It has nothing to do with books or reading them. If a person thinks it does, then he has to continue to do that until he finds out it is otherwise."

  4. I do that quite a bit, largely due to memory problems/amnesia.

    I think the expression is "bored shitless", unless you mean someone who actually thinks they'll find, or be able to use some amazing bit of information.

    They would be referred to as a "nerd" or intellectual, i guess.

    ie, genius; someone who is ridiculously intelligent , and capable of processing and using large amounts of information.

    intellectual; someone who thinks their a genius, but isnt.
  5. Arnie


    "educated fool":D
  6. PHD= Permanent Head Damage

  7. Not bad:D
  8. Al Gore supporter.
  9. queef huffer?