What's the technical term for when you're

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kovacs, Apr 8, 2007.

  1. Kovacs


    looking for stocks that have had large intraday swings over the past few weeks?

    Say I want to look for a stock that's had moves of over one dollar in a given direction in a single day, what am I screening for?
  2. lindq


    TR (True Range) or ATR (Average True Range). You may also be able to screen for Beta (volatility, typically compared to an index, such as the S&P)

    Screening for TR or ATR as a percentage of stock price can sometimes be very helpful. For example, TR>OPEN*.08
  3. vetten


    hey kovacs

    dont forget to go only for the liquid stocks of over a million shares a day.
  4. Kovacs


    Thanks, ATR is exactly what I'm looking for.
  5. Kovacs


    Definitely. I'm screening for high-dollar stocks with volume between 2.5MM and 7MM, an ATR of at least one dollar, and a beta of less than 0.7
  6. jim c

    jim c

    if you dont mind, why are u screening for stocks with a beta of less than .7 ? are these stocks for daytrading? thanks, jim
  7. ==================
    price advancers,price declines and ;
    percent gainers;percent losers.:cool: