What's the symbol of 7year treasury note on IB?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by mizhael, Mar 26, 2009.

1. I couldn't find it...

Please help me...

Thanks!

2. 7yr Trsy note futures?

Hmmmm, I think you need to go to the CBOT site and educate yerself some more.

3. smalls

smalls

there is no 7 year treasury note future... yet.

perhaps you mean 3 year (z3n) ?

4. The ZN is the 10 year futures. The futures are based on a basket of notes that include the 7 year.

from cbot

"U.S. Treasury notes maturing at least 6 1/2 years, but not more than 10 years, from the first day of the delivery month"

So you would use ZN-200906-ECBOT

You have 10 minutes till the news.

5. 7 yr cash contract no futures I trade the cash it is fun! Usually spread it against the ZN since the ZN is basically a 7 yr.

6. What broker do you use?

7. Where is the news? I cannot see it on Market Watch... crappy website... any other place that I can see the news? I have been awaiting for it for long time...

8. Why is ZB up so much btw?

9. I trade at an FCM who has enough money to trade cash individuals can not trade cash unless they have a lot of cash! It is the actual yield curve.

10. the treasury market is no beginners market I have cash access, bloomberg access and a squawk.
    Look at Bloomberg or Reuters If ZN gets through 16 it could run to 24 watch out. Go through the anyone else short the 30 yr bond thread we talk about the whole curve. Real traders trading real $ on that one.

#10     Mar 26, 2009