What's the size of your trading account(s)?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by flipside21, May 8, 2012.

What's the size of your trading account (account equity)?

1. Under $10,000

20 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. $10,001 to $50,000

18 vote(s)
    19.8%
  3. $50,001 to $100,000

8 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. $100,001 to $200,000

7 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. $200,001 to $500,000

13 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. $500,001 to $1 million

7 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. Between $1 million and $2 million

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  8. Between $2 million and $3 million

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Between $3 million and $5 million

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. > $5 million

16 vote(s)
    17.6%
  1. I think it's Hu Dat, an Asian dude.

#21     May 8, 2012
  2. I'm a fan of comedy.

Do you really think this sentence will make you look smart?

"Too many people I've seen never....."

LOL

"questions straight even long...."

LOL

#22     May 8, 2012
  3. I'm not trying to be smart. It's a pet peeve.

I can't go one day on ET without seeing that supidity.

And if it's not choose instead of chose, loose instead of lose, it is to instead of too.

If I go a week without seeing this mistake, chances are I haven't been to a computer to see these errors on the internet, because it isn't very long before these same sites show up and hit this minor peeve I have about communication online.

Really. It looks like nobody knows the difference. I don't know if it's a trend or a fad, but I think it's stupid.

#23     May 8, 2012
  4. On that basis you could do ET a great service...leave.

#24     May 8, 2012
  5. Well, that's not going to be happening. Every 1 or 2 years there's information that makes it worth being here.

You're probably a multialias.

#25     May 8, 2012
  6. that's because they don't want to take jobs where they aren't making a crap ton of money for working 6 hours a day.

Previous generations would just be happy to have jobs.

Work construction. Wait tables. DO something. They are all waiting for their 'perfect' job to come along. pathetic.

#26     May 8, 2012
  7. That's a foolish and unreasonable expectation. Waiting tables or doing construction is not worth doing. It also does not help build any skillsets required for meaningful jobs and gainful employment. At best those two mindless tasks may indicate you have good attendance, and nothing more. It helps in no way to get a career, and probably hurts your credibility when applying to good entry level jobs.

I personally loved my first job, but hated that it was part time. It really pissed me off. Highest productivity and quality on the floor.

I was a micromanaged genius who was told to put up with that job for 1 year, and perhaps move up. Not so. 30 somethings doing my job full time get the nod. Left, and now I'm doing what I'm doing. Had been Processing 200 checks and setting up 50 accounts and 300 maintenance items in a day during tax time should have been more than enough for management.

Not so. Sit at your desk for another 5 years, and see if their attitude is any different. It won't be, but all the while you've spent 5 years doing the same montonous tasks and skilled labor, while receiving no benefits and going bankrupt from emergency medical visits.

Employer then sees the credit report on you, and marks down every mistake much more significantly to get you fired. They can see the mushrooming debt, and try to setup a way for you to screw up. That looks like how it went down for many people. Get the $15,000 medical bill making $12.50 at a 30 hour a week job, and guess what, bankrupt like the rest of Millenials.

Then they have the balls to say "Act your wage! Act your Wage!"

You can't without benefits, so basically the entire generation gets to suffer in some form of bankruptcy and monetary indadequacy brought on by poor policy in Washington that does not promote growth or create jobs that have economic vitality beyond their flittering existence before whatever project you get hired for ends.

#27     May 8, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Party size.

#28     May 8, 2012
  9. More on topic, I trade the following for myself personally:

35 NQ
    7 RBOB
    28 ZC

35 NQ is $1.8298 Million Notional on NASDAQ100 at $2,614 per contract.
    7 RBOB is 294,000 Gallons of Gas, $882,000 Notional at $3 per gallon
    28 ZC is 140,000 Bushels, also $882,000 Notional at $6.3 per bushel.

Every $18,000 NQ rises by 5, RBOB by 1, and ZC by 4.

At this size of units 5 NQ 1 RBOB and 4 ZC are 1 unit to me, so if I make roughly $16,500 on each unit scaling up this way, I will increase my unit quantity to a multiple of 15 units, netting $162,000. Currently at 7 units, and looking forward to getting to 15 before the end of the year.

Yes, far more lucrative trading that than any stupid meaningless task job could ever pay me.

The current notional amount is $3.5938 Million, targeting, up to $3.921 Million in NQ, and $1.89 Million RBOB and ZC, for a total to reach before the end of the year trading a notional equivalent amount of $7.701 Million.

#29     May 8, 2012
  10. BINGO.
    Thanks for playing.

If you:
    -are truly driven
    -get good grades in high school to get into a good college
    -get good grades at a good college in a relevant degree ("general studies" is probably NOT where it's at)
    -and do a legitimate job search with the flexibility to work in a larger geographical area
    ...then you can get a job no problem.

If you did not do one of the above you have no one to blame but yourself.

My cousins are lazy and flunked one of the above. They are jobless. My baby sister did well, is graduating in a week, and already landed a solid job at a marketing firm she is excited about.

#30     May 9, 2012