whats the point of trading contests?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ER9, Jun 30, 2006.

1. murray t turtle

07-01-06 03:18 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from 5Pillars:

They try to sell you services and steal your trade methods!

....and PFG, stop calling me and telling me there is dual account capability now for the marketczar competitions - I am not playing.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==============
    ''Steal your methods'' ??? if you enter their contest;
    that is understood you give up your privacy[part of your system]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes that was my exact point....I just called it stealing. :D

#11     Jul 1, 2006
  2. ER9

ER9

much thanks for the links....i agree i like seeing the different ways people approach trading the same market. be fun to see it broken out.

#12     Jul 2, 2006
  3. ===============
    ER9,5 pillars;
    remember this free CME contest deadline, JULY 14.

Here we are talking about CME contest again;
    & I live in one of about 7 states which forbids me to enter any contest unless its free:cool:

#13     Jul 5, 2006
  4. fancythat

fancythat

How would a brokerage firm "steal" your secrets? They just run the trading platform simulator for the contest, it appears, with the obvious goal of giving you a taste of trading in hopes of opening an account.

#14     Jul 10, 2006
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

The point of the contest for me was HAVING FUN! I had 2 accounts, both finished in the green, the better one is in the top 10, and I had a 90 minutes blackout, no kidding!

Final results are out tomorrow... Right now I am somewhere in the 8-10th places by making 12% and my other account made 2.2%...

#15     Jul 18, 2006