What's the Point of ET?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Veyron 16.4, Jun 2, 2011.

1. You have not considered the possibility of multiple morons?

#31     Jun 3, 2011
  2. Eight

Eight

ET is just what it is... I studied Engineering... there were plenty of people that were willing to share all they could possibly know about engineering, they had college classrooms for the venue even... trading is different, nobody shares much of anything of value and in fact, many seem to be in the business of obfuscating the truth, they don't want competition.. that renders discussions of trading very nearly useless. The upshot is that ET becomes what it is and I enjoy it for some perverse reason... I've learned an awful lot about trading WHILE enjoying ET, not BECAUSE of ET by any stretch... I wouldn't change a thing about it either, if you did put up a rating system then people with something to say about trading would not post it here, it would be too easy to find...

#32     Jun 3, 2011
  3. Relieve boredom, that's correct.

#33     Jun 3, 2011
  4. Lornz

Lornz

To be fair, there are enough "trading gems" hidden in the archives to make one a successful trader. There is, however, an increasing amount of noise on this board, it was far different 10 years ago.....

#34     Jun 4, 2011
  5. melo

melo

Indeed, there's the kernel of a idea here: build a parser; feed in all ET posts 2002-2007; exclude any post that includes term 'Hershey'; write algorithm based on frequently occurring phrases of agreement; pass through Hodrick-Prescott filter;.....(wakes up)

#35     Jun 4, 2011
  6. On a well-known forex forum, a new registrant is hand moderated for quality (and intention/agenda) for at least 4 posts, sometimes beyond 4 posts. Each new post is put on moderation queue and can be deleted if not meeting forum guidelines. After the hand moderation period, the member is free to post and start new threads and except private messaging.

As to existing members like bearice and emg, we'll just have to let these species die out like Jack Hershey.

#36     Jun 4, 2011
  7. I guess the level and quality of moderators on ET is reflected by how many such posts emg is allowed to propagate throughout all the threads. He even sends private messages to challenge you to put him on Ignore. Quite a bitter man.

#37     Jun 4, 2011
  8. Emg is just baiting you, he's either a truly bitter psycho or a troll just messing with everyone. Either way, the guy isn't worth the energy.

#38     Jun 4, 2011
  9. I think I'll subscribe to this thread just to see if Baron responds with an intelligent answer.

#39     Jun 5, 2011