What's the Point of ET?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Veyron 16.4, Jun 2, 2011.

1. This thread has turned into another one of those debates about trends with olifxpro ...... wait till NY_Hood catches up, he has finally given up daytrading.

#21     Jun 2, 2011
  2. Moved to the feedback sub-forum.

#22     Jun 2, 2011
  3. Yes, the trolls took over this thread as well.

In addition to better moderation, it is also very important to not FEED the trolls. I mean, why bother? Why waste time convincing a losing trader that it is possible to win and that the markets are not random? Why not spend the time helping out a trader who is eager to learn and puts down the effort instead?

While I am in general a proponent of free speech and democracy, I do think a forum should have certain guidelines and philosophy that participants who sign up should agree to follow. This has worked very well in other forums I followed in the past (not on trading). There is no reason to allow negativity to flood a forum where the main purpose should be learning. There`s a difference between warning about the difficulties in learning trading and an endless stream of unconstructive negativity.

I know that there are several successful traders who think this place is a joke and decided to leave because of that. Perhaps these individuals would be interested to join our discussions if conditions improved here.

Don`t feed the trolls :cool:

#23     Jun 2, 2011

4. I thought that this little exchange belonged here and not in a thread about FX Harmonics.

#24     Jun 2, 2011
  5. Not a lot of activity, but a lot of activity in the wrong direction, is not a good thing either. It looks like it can be a really good forum for traders. I've seen other forums with more ads, so that did not bother me upon initial inspection.

Thank you for the heads-up. ;)

#25     Jun 2, 2011
  6. Pretty powerful and very much on target, indeed. I also like the evolution of the term. It certainly fits, here.

#26     Jun 2, 2011
  7. Very well said.

Feed a shark, get your arm bitten off. Feed a Troll, get your forum TNT'd.

Smokey, used to tell us during those PSA spots back in the seventies, that: "Only YOU can prevent forest fires." Well, I'm telling the Moderators that: "Only Moderators can prevent forum fires."

Whether it is forum decay, or tooth decay, at some point, you have to pull out a big brush and some toothpaste to clean-up the place. Maybe a little dental/forum floss would help as well, along with some strong mouth/forum wash. At this point, however, I think a few root canals are necessary, followed by some permanent crown work.

If you start these kinds of forums off with braces while they are still young, and teach proper forum hygiene, you can go a long way to preventing forum decay years later.

#27     Jun 2, 2011
  8. There is no way you can clean up ET, see trolls like emg will even taunt you to put him on Ignore. And he is allowed to continue with his "95% of traders lose, they just lose!!" every thread he visited. I would love to see the two of you in a debate :)
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3200880#post3200880

#28     Jun 3, 2011
  9. Emg is a moron....don't even try an engage with him. Just a bitter man.

Or to put it in emg terms...."Emg is a moron!! He's just a moron!!

:D

#29     Jun 3, 2011
  10. I thought bearice was moron. So who's the real moron? And yes Veyron 16.4, this ET forum do allow such contributors to post incessantly.

#30     Jun 3, 2011