Whats the point having a NASA like control center?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by retaildaytrader, Mar 5, 2010.

1. I would prefer more screens, I currently use 4. I might have 8 or more positions simultaneously and end up having to stack MM boxes over charts for lack of screen space. If you just trade a single market then you wouldn't need too much visual real estate -- makes sense?

#41     Mar 21, 2010
  2. I thought you are a true price action trader using No charts.

Anyway, I am always grateful for your posts and your journal thread is great. If we can all have discipline like NODOJI, we do not need more monitors or trade more instruments and be profitable weekly if not daily.

#42     Mar 21, 2010
  3. I'm going to stick with the "Whatever makes you money and makes you happy" camp on this thread. I personally like a lot of monitors, but I do it for pattern recognition. The other thing I like about monitors is, they're a one time fee!!!

#43     Mar 21, 2010
  4. Yes. I bought one a few months back and now I use it as my main order execution (IB multiple book traders). Works good.

One BIG drawback: It is GLASS touch screen and very reflective, not easy on the eyes. I also have two 26" Samsung LCD for charts (a Dell PC) and they are the best. The screens have matt finish and easy on the eyes and I can fit 32 charts on two of them

#44     Mar 21, 2010
  5. Here is my set up.

VAIO L on the left

• img.jpg
      File size:
      384.2 KB
      Views:
    #45     Mar 21, 2010
  6. But hey, what do these guys know?

#46     Mar 21, 2010
  7. l2tradr

l2tradr

This is the dumbest debate ever, seriously....an extra 4 monitors + 2 video cards cost what, maybe $1000? Spread that over a life of at least 5 years and you're looking at about $15 bucks a MONTH. It's a non-issue, I can't believe there's a debate about this...if it helps you, fine, if you don't need it, then don't use it. If you're worried about $15 bucks a month, you really shouldn't be trading for a living, get a job .

#47     Mar 21, 2010
  8. I hear you. My dell t3400 was $750. out of the box ready for 4 monitors.

so basically its not a cost issue imo.

two of my best days in 2009 was on a notebook pc with a 22inch plugged into the side.

#48     Mar 30, 2010