What's the most you have won with a lottery?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by OptionsOptionsOptions, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

My granddad got 5/6 numbers in a lottery in England. I believe is winnings were around 6,000 pounds.

#11     Nov 20, 2020
  2. mlawson71

mlawson71

I've never won more than a few bucks.

#12     Nov 21, 2020
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

A funny friend bought me a lottery ticket once for my birthday because he was too lazy to get me a real gift. He even had this shitty grin on his face when I unwrapped my present to discover he gave me the lotto ticket.

The next day of the drawing...I check my lotto ticket to discover I had just won about $5700 dollars via 6/7 numbers.

I split the pot evenly with him and its still a great laugh between us today.

By the way, 7/7 numbers would have netted about 55 million. :(

Had I won that, I would have not split the pot evenly but given him just 1 million. :D

wrbtrader

#13     Nov 21, 2020
  4. mlawson71

mlawson71

Ha, that's amazing! I wish it happened to me too, but the most I've gotten is three numbers out of seven. I still play with the same numbers though, every once in a while.

#14     Nov 22, 2020
  5. darui

darui

thanks for sharing your stories.

#15     Mar 15, 2021
  6. LacesOut

LacesOut

When he was +4000 headed into the weekend, I bet $5 on Justin Thomas to win the Players.

#16     Mar 15, 2021
  7. darui

darui

I do not know how to win such a jackpot. You really need to be so lucky or have a super lotto strategy. I used once the lotto official https://onepoundlotto.com/ but won only few dollars at the time. But I did not give up and will continue playing in different lotteries from around the world.

#17     Mar 15, 2021
  8. tango29

tango29

Won $600 on a scratch off that was a X-Mas stocking stuffer about 20 years ago. I thought it was a dud, but fortunately my Dad took a look and saw it was a winner.
    Side note, not that he will see it, or care, I have a buddy I grew up with that teaches at New Trier.

#18     Mar 15, 2021
  9. mlawson71

mlawson71

I've never tried any scratchers. I wonder where the chance is better, the lotto or the scratchers...

#19     Mar 16, 2021
  10. destriero

destriero

$15K(ish). $5-6K pooled while in undergrad when Illinois had a (then) record Lotto.

(Less relevant) $100K on Jax first SB (took the under) and won by a point IIRC. $41K on Poirier to win against McNuggets at +275 (avg) in 2021.

#20     Mar 16, 2021