What's The Most Robust/Reliable Data Provider...Streaming RT & Historical

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by ktmexc20, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Of course, not all pros use CQG. But a classic trading desk at a top investment bank is Reuters and/or Bloomberg and CQG.

CQG is easier to use (the formula language is a dream for non programmers).

CQG is very stable on all markets. How is the esignal feed for Eurex? Still as bad?

CQG is still the best (and it's just normal at 500$ per month CQGNet or 1000$ per month CQGLan (satellite)) but I admit that cheaper competitors are getting better and better.

#11     Nov 10, 2003
  2. Scientist,

Esignal has HUGE problems with getting accurate volume data out. Do you not use volume? Daily chart bars aren't correct, CBOT volume intraday isn't correrct. Lord only knows what else isn't right.

Do "pros" just overlook this kind of stuff? It's very frustrating to take a trade, lose money, and then find that the premise for the trade was based on faulty data. Not just a one time error mind you, consistantly bad data.

Care to expound, thanks,

Bundle

#12     Nov 10, 2003
  3. Bundlemaker,

I am not aware of any volume problems with eSignal, at least not from personal encounter.

And yes I ONLY use volume & price. You trade CBOT, perhaps it's a different situation. I trade CME's ES & NQ and the data seems always accurate.

But let me add this here: Most of the time, I get my volume off the tape, anyway. Volume bars are nothing but visualized tape. If you can follow the tape, volume shouldn't be the issue. And I don't think eSignal leaves bits of tape out. That would be rotten!

I absolutely agree on you regarding the losing money bit, I wouldn't find it funny, either. Sorry about your misfortunes. Have you found a better feed you can recommend?

Scientist.

#13     Nov 10, 2003
  4. Esignal. Stable data feed and above average software

#14     Nov 10, 2003
  5. Although server reliability is not that great, Qcharts has more historical data than esignal, imo.

#16     Nov 10, 2003
  6. TraderRC

TraderRC

My eSignal charts have been very reliable however I will be watching this closely now Thanx

#17     Nov 10, 2003
  7. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

huh? I am not aware of an outage on IQFeed in the last 2 days. In fact, most of our customers tell us we are as fast, and as reliable as Esignal and CQG. The one thing CQG has on IQFeed is the scrubbing of data they do.

Where do you get your information Scientist?

#18     Nov 10, 2003