Whats the main difference between FX futures and FX?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by c_323_h, Jul 7, 2005.

1. xip

xip

#51     Jul 14, 2005
  2. I don't understand the problem with paying the spread, can you explain? Why is it preferred to pay commissions?

#52     Jul 15, 2005
  3. Chood, I think xip was referring to my post, so maybe xip can answer this question for me.

Lets say your 4X broker shags you silly on a certain order. What are you going to do? Call the CFTC? And what are they going to do? Its not like every transaction is recorded in some central exchange's Time&Sales data, and of course we also have the concept of "dealable quotes" (did I already mention I lurve that term?).

No system is perfect - but you have to ask yourself which is the lesser of the two evils...

But hey, this is a forum for opinions, exchange of ideas, and above all comic relief :D

So if many are happy and profitable with SpotFX, who am I to argue.

Relaxo.

#53     Jul 15, 2005
  4. xip

xip

Again, the typical small trader starting to trade the futures on the CME is doomed automatically. The large size will wipe out his account before he has a chance to learn anything. That if anything is a scam on an extremely large scale.

Again, IB works like an exchange, like the CME, but allows smaller size and generally lower costs.

I often compare Oanda's spreads to several other data feeds and have no complaints with executions. If there were any of the problems that you claim happen by default at every spot FX broker, I would leave immediately.

#54     Jul 15, 2005
  5. I don't claim anything, except contingent claims on FX! :D

Besides, if learning was the issue, why not open a demo account at Oanda, or a real account and trade $1 at a time?!?

Then when you are ready to commit serious cashola you can forego the shenanigans of bucketshops.

Good lurk!

#55     Jul 15, 2005
  6. Could it be that they don't trade forex because they can't find any company named FOREX in the list?
    :(

PS
    Caution: reply is not intentionally satirical.

#56     Jul 15, 2005
  7. liri

liri

I like more fx fures that the spot forex.

As a TA trader in the spot fx there is not a official high low prices every software vendor has it daily h/l/o/c prices , futures are great if you are a TA trader

#57     Jul 15, 2005
  8. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

did u do math at school?

#58     Jul 15, 2005
  9. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

& risk $2!!!

:D

#59     Jul 15, 2005
  10. milstar

milstar