What's the longest Stock You've ever let run wild in your account?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by JesseJamesFinn1, Sep 27, 2016.

1. What is the longest you have carried stocks and options following the Trend? I have a few stocks up $10+ with Options, one is up from $39 to $66 others where with huge movement stocks I paid $3000 per contract during a earnings play. Enough about me, what's the longest you allowed a stock to continue moving upward? How do you gauge when to sell your stocks you really like? Thank you!

2. CyJackX

CyJackX

Paging Warren Buffet...

3. GOOG, have it since 2010

Swole15 and JesseJamesFinn1 like this.

4. How are you able to separate two competing sides of stock methods, its hard to not mix our strategies. Sam Walton created Truck Drivers worth $2+ Million for all the truckers that saved every penny they could and poured it in their stock retirement plan. When Google had its pullback did you ever think of selling it or did you add more?

5. Telefonos de Mexico pink sheets.. Before being listed on NYSE

JesseJamesFinn1 likes this.
  6. SCG...Had it (well a company that was bought by SCG) since I was an infant thanks to my grandparents. $2k roughly of that in a one time buy given to me with dividend reinvestment was enough to pay for my college and still have some left over (I did go to an in state school). Still holding it, but not sure if I will keep it or sell this year and look for more opportunities. It has done quite well though overall.

7. VRX for 2-3 weeks when it bounced from 68 to 100

which is funny because i treat stocks like i treat women, see them for 2-3 weeks and on to the next one

8. Since the market has an overall upside bias, when I take long term trades, particularly off important timeframes, I do the usual, stop and target, but if the instrument merits it, I will leave an indefinite runner, and that's what happened in GOOG. It's a habit I learned from a seasoned trader here on the board, I think he called it, perpetual scaleout.

JesseJamesFinn1 likes this.
  9. That's not very honorable, I'm sure you have or had a mother, perhaps a sister, maybe one day a daughter, disgusting attitude.

10. What's the longest Stock You've ever let run wild in your account?

Holding a stock (or any financial instrument) and saying letting it run wild....sounds like a conundrum.
    Holding something (for long term) is usually a very sound and boring decision and process.

Running wild... in the market is more for very short term, aggressive, high risk plays :cool::confused:

#10     Sep 27, 2016