What's the largest % gain you've made trading Forex?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by sub0, Sep 30, 2007.

1. GaryN

GaryN

I have just gotten into forex and am beginning to see that the old maxim, it takes money to make money holds true. It looks to me like you can make more with the same margin trading futures over spot but Im not sure Ive got all my figures straight yet. However the spot market looks like a great place to practice for a small amount of money.

#11     Oct 17, 2007
  2. shorted usd/yen late wed night based on a continuation of the carry trade unwinding thats been going on.

no wonder i was dreaming of naked Japanese chicks covered in yens. good night :)

#12     Oct 19, 2007
  3. Correct, and I can do it again with a high risk of going in debt! In reality I would never ever trade like this, but with fake money it can be entertaining :)

#13     Oct 19, 2007
  4. about 4 years ago when the brokers guarenteed your entry price i straddled before an NFP announcement . I made $9000 in 2 seconds . those were the good old days .

#14     Oct 20, 2007
  5. clacy

clacy

That was kind of the point of my first post. There was a bit of sarcasim in that post.

Obviously you can't put much stock into demo accounts, but I am using it to improve my trading stategy.

#15     Oct 20, 2007