Whats the IB of foreign bonds brokers?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Daal, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Daal

Daal

I'm looking for a good broker that doesn't demand too high of account minimum

2. IB is 5k, How low are you looking???

3. Daal

Daal

I can put as much as 15k. IB doesnt let you trade foreign government bonds though. The brokers I found are pretty tough for small investors

4. Daal

Daal

Come on there must be one

5. Surdo

Surdo

Tullet Prebon and Cantor are the biggest Institutional players in Bonds. I do not know if they deal with retail.

Ask CHI BOND KING.

el surdo

6. dac8555

dac8555

I am offshore and deal in bonds quite a bit. Mostly EM and treasuries...but pretty much anything is a phone call away. what are you looking for?

The thing with bonds is that they are OTC and the margins are tiny. so most of the time you need relatively large amounts to get decent pricing from the interdealer market.

You can also participate in foreign debt through a number of ETFs. This is what i use really when i put together portfolios for people.

When you buy individual bonds in small quantities, the cost of doing business is relatively high percentage wise so it is hard to get you moneys worth....when you use an ETF they buy in massive quanitites so it is much more effiecient.

PM me if you like