What's the highest number of active current users on ET?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Bsulli, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

So was today the second most visited day with this 242 down on the Dow?

#11     Mar 13, 2007
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I didn't follow it all that closely to see if today was number two. We are alerted only when it reaches a new high.

#12     Mar 14, 2007
  3. As of now, there are 68,772 members on ET........... Does anyone have a guess as to what % actually post on a daily/ weekly basis?... just curious.

cm

#13     Mar 16, 2007
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Nope. That number means the registered people in the last 7 years, and you have to subtract the multiple aliases. So take off 10%...

The info you ask is proprietary information and I assume only shared with advertisers. After all they have to know how many people then can reach...

My guess is that the lurker/poster ratio is around 3:1

#14     Mar 16, 2007
  5. ... :D :D :D :D!!!

:) You must be a marketer to advertisers, right?

You are generous in rounding off, er, up.

#15     Mar 16, 2007
  6. I would put it much higher than that using the thread view/post ratio as perhaps an indication.

I wonder how many ET members would be left if all those that had not logged in for 6 months got deleted.

#16     Mar 17, 2007
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

That doesn't work, because posters read more threads than they post in...

All these numbers are only meaningful in a given timeframe. Let's say last week there were 3400 visitors and 780 of them posted at least once. (made up numbers)

That's why that 68K members claim is meaningless. It really means 68 K screennames (not different people) ever registered....

#17     Mar 17, 2007