What's the government buying? Hollow point bullets, hardened checkpoint booths and..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DT-waw, Apr 20, 2012.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

http://www.naturalnews.com/035607_government_checkpoints_Martial_Law.html

Just a few weeks ago, the federal government initiated a contract for acquiring 450 million rounds of .40 caliber ammunition. "The special hollow point effectively passes through a variety of barriers and holds its jacket in the toughest conditions," says a press release from the award winner, ammunition manufacturer ATK. (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/atk-secures-40-caliber-ammunition-co...). This ammo is for the Department of Homeland Security as well as ICE.

Question: What does DHS intend to do with 450 million rounds of barrier-piercing hollow point ammunition?

The really important answer is that no one buys hollow point bullets for target practice. They're too expensive. Practice ammo is always FMJ ammo (Full Metal Jacket), meaning it has a solid tip. But the far more expensive hollow point ammo is ballistically designed to shred internal organs upon impact. It's the kind of ammo used by police officers who want to shatter the bad guy's sternum as quickly as possible and thereby bring him to the ground where he bleeds out from internal tissue trauma.

The DHS is a domestic agency. It does not fight wars overseas. It almost exclusively concerns itself with the American people on American soil. That the DHS is contracting to buy 450 million rounds of hollow point ammo can only mean DHS plans to need this ammo to be used against the American people.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035607_government_checkpoints_Martial_Law.html#ixzz1scJdFUbY

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm buying hollow points too.

3. pspr

pspr

Someone said they were for training and annual practice for the DHS etc. But you don't practice with hollowpoints when you are buying ammo by the hundreds of millions of rounds.

Better get yours, too, in case you have to defend yourself and your property.

4. That's only about 1.5 bullets for each person in the country. No worries.

5. I dont know about you, but I dont really want to get shot 1.5 times.

6. Magna

Magna Administrator

Although you and I practice with the much cheaper FMJ the ideal is to practice with the exact defensive round you intend to use. That way it's the same weight, composition, powder charge, bullet configuration, speed, felt recoil, etc. Of course that can get quite expensive with top of the line hollow-points but if someone else is footing the bill (ie, taxpayers) then it would be silly to practice with anything else. :eek:

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I practice with the same rounds I carry.

Federal .45 ACP 185 gr JHP

8. It is cute to see the guns nuts trying to hoard ammo:D

Most gun nuts have no clue as to the scope and power of the government.

You are in a city state. You will eventually run out of ammo, food, and water.

All of you will be either taken in, or, god forbid, lost in a shootout.:(

9. Have you shot at/ shot and wounded/ shot and killed another person luke ?

10. Did it occur to you that DHS has a number of agencies under it's umbrella now that are allowed to carry weapons and dispense deadly force if necessary? Think US Secret Service and Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

#10     Apr 21, 2012