What's The Fastest News Service?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by NYSE Trader, Sep 3, 2002.

1. I know we can never be ahead of insiders, but being caught on the wrong side of a news story that comes out intra-day can cause some real pain--ignorance is NOT bliss when a nyse stock starts gapping down 50 cents at a time and you dont know why.

I'm in a prop office and all of our execution and analysis is quick, except for news. Bloomberg I've heard is great, but does anyone know of a news service that costs less but is just as fast? Thanks.

Darryl

2. nitro

nitro

Just subscribing to this thread in case one of those God thread comes along and buries this thread and I forget about it.

nitro

3. sure...how 'bout this

'good luck with your business, especially seeing how it doesn't interfere with mine' God The Father

4. I suspect that lots of times NO NEWS SERVICE has the info you need. Stories come out and get passed around to hedge funds and sharpies long before the wires get them.

5. mjt

mjt

When I was at Bright's seminar, they mentioned a couple times that you could spend $100/mo and get news when everyone else gets it, or you could spend $1000/mo and get it one minute faster, or you could spend $3000/mo and get it 5 minutes faster. I forget the exact numbers, but you get the idea. I have no idea what provider(s) they were referring to.

6. Briefing.com is slower than CNBC so that's out.

7. And which one did they say they paid for?

Oops! This thread was started by a Bright trader.

8. Also might want to ask which services are the most widely seen.

I don't see that say CNBC has as much oomph as it used to.

Might be nice if the government could sell off some of its information gathering on benign subjects like business to us. Bet the NSA or CIA are faster than Bloomberg.

Geo.:)

9. CNBC is faster than Briefing for the big items like CPI, jobless, etc where they have Rick Santelli standing at the CBOT essentially reading the ticker.

What I don't like about Briefing is that the futures are showing volatility for almost a minute before I get an alert that some other key index has been released.

Is there anything else out there that's more up-to-the second?

10. nitro

nitro

LOL.

I am sure that your business and mine interfere, as well as your business and the other 500 Bright traders interfere with yours and mine...as well as the 500 Worldco traders, as well as the 500 Echo traders, as well as the 500 Generic traders, as well as the 400 Lynx Capital traders, as well as the 500 Andover traders...as well as 12000 elite traders...Come to think about it, probably only about 200 - 500 elite traders.

Thanks for the good luck.

nitro

#10     Sep 3, 2002